Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!!

Started by ace3g, Jan 20, 2017, 01:29:33 AM

Author
Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's THE PREDATOR!!! (Read 39,384 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 13, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Chill, Winston. Just asking how you know with such certainty.

Because I read it?

I'm chill, I just never understand what people expect people to say when they have sensitive information and someone opens with the first question of 'how do you know'. It's kind of pointless. Like, what exactly would convince you that would not compromise the source?

426Buddy

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 13, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Chill, Winston. Just asking how you know with such certainty.

Because I read it?

I'm chill, I just never understand what people expect people to say when they have sensitive information and someone opens with the first question of 'how do you know'. It's kind of pointless. Like, what exactly would convince you that would not compromise the source?

Is your source the only leaker of the script? I've heard that numerous people have it and read it, did he pass the script out to all of them? If not he shouldn't have to worry about exposure.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 04:10:49 PMBecause I read it?

Well for starters I wasn't aware that you know anything more "sensitive" than the draft that's been publicly leaked.

For all I knew you were just someone taking the leaked script as golden when there's no real proof it is.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 13, 2017, 04:15:18 PMIs your source the only leaker of the script? I've heard that numerous people have it and read it, did he pass the script out to all of them? If not he shouldn't have to worry about exposure.

Certainly they aren't the only one. But that doesn't mean I'm going to expose them to satisfy you, sorry. That's not how I work.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 13, 2017, 04:21:58 PM
For all I knew you were just someone taking the leaked script as golden when there's no real proof it is.

All I can say is that I have good reason to believe it is completely legit. In addition, so does anyone who's seen the script and followed the production - exact roles, character names, set locations, titles, minutiae all add up to it being identical to the script, give or take a few very minor details here and there.

On the slim chance we all got conned on multiple levels, though, hey - the movie will be that much more exciting.

overthere

SpeedyMaxx, you probably already answered this but I can't read every post I missed, so forgive me if I'm repeating the question: Do you like what you're read? Do you think it's going to be a good movie?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: overthere on Apr 13, 2017, 04:27:42 PM
SpeedyMaxx, you probably already answered this but I can't read every post I missed, so forgive me if I'm repeating the question: Do you like what you're read? Do you think it's going to be a good movie?

ye and ye

overthere

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 04:28:31 PM
ye and ye

Great. I love the fact it's finally something different than a simple hunt. Predator franchise was cornered that way.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 04:26:37 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 13, 2017, 04:15:18 PMIs your source the only leaker of the script? I've heard that numerous people have it and read it, did he pass the script out to all of them? If not he shouldn't have to worry about exposure.

Certainly they aren't the only one. But that doesn't mean I'm going to expose them to satisfy you, sorry. That's not how I work.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 13, 2017, 04:21:58 PM

All I can say is that I have good reason to believe it is completely legit. In addition, so does anyone who's seen the script and followed the production - exact roles, character names, set locations, titles, minutiae all add up to it being identical to the script, give or take a few very minor details here and there.

On the slim chance we all got conned on multiple levels, though, hey - the movie will be that much more exciting.

Interesting, i just dont see how passing the script to others would expose him if the script has already been leaked by other sources. And to be clear you dont have to apologise to or satisfy me as i dont really care. I like predator but im not a big enough fan to really follow the production closely like i have done with alien covenant.

The Alien Predator

I see the point that Masters is making.

Spoiler
The thing that has always made the Predators such a unique and terrifying alien race is because they come here on safari.

To quote this meme -

And many human characters in the comics, novels and games state that we're lucky that they only wish to hunt us and not conquer or go to war, that sort of insinuation makes them scary.

So seeing them become another alien race among the myriads of races that just want our Earth is kind of banal. I hope the execution is really unique and makes this stand out otherwise it'll just be another War of the Worlds, Independence Day build up. And if we beat them then it's just going to diminish the threat of these aliens and become another "humanity f**k yeah!" movie instead of one that reminds us that we're not at the top of the food chain on the cosmic scale.

Predators are terrifying because they're savage by choice, not necessity. I don't mind them using DNA to augment themselves, it's a cool concept and I can see why they'd do it and it certainly explains why they take their best kills to augment themselves with rather than going "ahh, that was such a good fight!" while gently caressing a skull on the wall lol.

I like almost everything I heard about the film, I'm just not 100% sure how to feel about the alien invasion and they need our Earth angle.

I know proximity can be an issue but there's literally 400 billion star systems and we've discovered lots of Earth like worlds in Goldillock's Zones, even the Trappis System has literally 9 Earth worlds and I think 3 of them are in habitable zones. There's an Earth like world orbiting Proxima Centauri.

And haven't the Predators found other life bearing worlds and won't need to worry about dealing with another sapient species like us? They can simply just terraform another world, it's easy to induce global warming, if we can do it, a primitive backwater species, surely an incredibly advanced alien race like them can - just pump a hell of a lot of carbon dioxide into the air or something (in other words, learn from us, the masters of pollution and climate change...)

Hell, they don't even need a new home, just go back to your homeworld and start inducing global warming. If you can build FTL ships, then global warming is literally child's play.
[close]

BishopShouldGo

Huh? It hasn't been leaked by other sources. It is not out in the open. It's not like a ton of people have been given it. Someone could very well assume it was Maxx.

Lol. I remember when my friend gave the Scream 4 script to somebody he thought he could trust. It was on horror and Scream sites the following day.

"Prove it liar!" lol I think every person who has said they'd read a script to an unreleased film is going to PASS HARD on THAT. 

Non sequitur - I hope the kid befriends a predator and cries when he leaves, just to see the reactions of the macho lovers. ;D ;D ;D

The Alien Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 13, 2017, 05:43:58 PM
Non sequitur - I hope the kid befriends a predator and cries when he leaves, just to see the reactions of the macho lovers. ;D ;D ;D

And then this happens.

Spoiler
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

I understand part of the argument, but in fairness there is no attempt in the story to recreate the Predator in terms of action - it is still hunting, killing, taking trophies, executing clever strategy. Those fundamentals will never change regardless of any broader aims.

As for the question of where and why - again, it's a movie.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 13, 2017, 05:43:58 PM

Sorry, that I can deny.

Sup

It will be the greatest predator movie of all time mark my words boys and girls

Nyarlathotep

That is an awful bold statement.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I have a lot of faith in Black, but if this surpasses the original even I will be very surprised.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed