Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 385,939 times)

TITANOSAUR

these sound cool. I may buy some as display peices though.

Hudson

Hopefully Will Wheaton will do an episode on his show.

Manchu

Some new info from Prodos:
Quote from: ProdosA: Many different types, movies, books, games
v: Male and Female
P: Movie size so Human truescale 28mm, P = truescaled 28mm. Human ~6 foot, P~7.5Foot

Xenomrph

I wonder if "Male and Female" is for humans only, if they're going to toss in some female Preds just cuz.

Manchu

Manchu

I believe "Male and Female" refers to Marines; at least that is the context in which Prodos posted.

More good news from Prodos:
QuoteIn fact Steve Perry is our story writer

Xenomrph

Wow, that's pretty neat that they got Steve Perry onboard.

SiL

Ah, in that case not so much Space Hulk as Space Crusade, with the Aliens replacing the hobgoblins; can't hit shit and die in droves.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 15, 2013, 06:58:12 AM
Ah, in that case not so much Space Hulk as Space Crusade, with the Aliens replacing the hobgoblins; can't hit shit and die in droves.

Possibly more like Necromunda than Space Crusade?

Xenomrph

I think SiL's post was more of a cheap-shot regarding Perry's tendency to portray Aliens as ineffectual swarm/cannon-fodder creatures in the Aliens/AvP books he wrote. :P

I don't entirely agree with the sentiment, but it's certainly not without merit.

SiL

Hey, in the Hobgoblins' defense, I totally nailed a space marine with one of them once.

Manchu

IIRC the xenomorphs took over Earth in Perry's trilogy ...

[cancerblack]

There is a bit of a discord between how they behave on a plot level and how they behave as individuals/swarms though, iirc.

Having said that, I read all the Perry Aliens/AvP books as a kid and haven't revisited them since, so I'm not the best judge of such things.

SiL

Quote from: Manchu on Oct 16, 2013, 03:19:34 PM
IIRC the xenomorphs took over Earth in Perry's trilogy ...
Perry was adapting the comics, written by Verheiden.

Manchu

I know. But I don't know why you're offering that distinction.

SiL

Because Perry didn't have a choice in the matter, so it doesn't make sense to give him credit for having the Aliens achieve that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed