Should the Alien and predator be more equal in term of strength?

Started by Thatguy2068, Dec 27, 2021, 03:29:39 PM

Author
Should the Alien and predator be more equal in term of strength? (Read 14,285 times)

Local Trouble

Yeah, I don't see what benefit there would be for the aliens to nerf their own strength by making it proportional to their hosts.

Immortan Jonesy

Sol

Quote from: SiL on Jan 11, 2022, 11:43:50 PM
The point was a Predator is more analogous to the WS than to Spider-Man, and an Alien - wall crawling and all - is more analogous to Spider-Man than to WS.

I think you are missing my point, actually. I just used those two as a example of how I like to see the physical strength differences a Xeno and Pred would have. Weapons, etc. doesn't have anything to do with my initial comparison.

And that is to say, me saying I believe on average a Predator should be physically stronger, is not to say i think Aliens are not strong. Just not as strong as a Pred, which circles right back to my comparison.

SiL

But your comparison was someone who can canonically lift about 10 tons vs a guy with a robot arm, which sounds like a pretty major strength discrepancy.

You also didn't explain how what we see on film suggests Aliens are weaker. They have more explicit feats of strength - strength, not durability - than Predators, such as tearing down steel doors and jumping out of two tons of molten lead.

Local Trouble

Dillon said it was ten tons.

SiL

Strap a web shooter on it and the Alien is literally Spider-Man at this point.

Local Trouble

Well, they do secrete something like webbing.

Sol

Quote from: SiL on Jan 12, 2022, 03:02:43 AM
But your comparison was someone who can canonically lift about 10 tons vs a guy with a robot arm, which sounds like a pretty major strength discrepancy.

Bucky was given a variant of the Super Soldier serum. At worst he's peak human shape. In most cases, including the current MCU, people with the Serum have been shown to jump 100s of feet from a airplane and safely land in the ocean, hold helicopters in place while ascending off the ground, and various other things a normal person would not be capable of.

QuoteYou also didn't explain how what we see on film suggests Aliens are weaker. They have more explicit feats of strength - strength, not durability - than Predators, such as tearing down steel doors and jumping out of two tons of molten lead.

I don't have to explain it, since I explicitly stated it was something I believed and wanted. I'm not in anyway trying to state this as fact. I also, stated how what these characters can and can't do is wildly different from project to project.

So, not sure what you actually want to happen from all of this.

SiL

I was just curious why you thought the Alien should be nerfed.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 11, 2022, 08:53:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2022, 03:18:01 PM
Yeah, not much arguing that one - it clearly damages the Big Chap, with the appearance of being a blunt end.
The spikes around the tip aren't decorative, I always thought they were digging in.

They're angled in the way to grip, not penetrate. Fired directly like that, it'd be the nub-looking end that'd make the impact.

Kradan

Corporal Hicks confirmed for harpoongun-nut

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2022, 08:23:00 AM
They're angled in the way to grip, not penetrate. Fired directly like that, it'd be the nub-looking end that'd make the impact.
Yes, I'm saying that on impact they might swing into position to grab, allowing the gun to work by hooking or grabbing.

Corporal Hicks

We see them already deploying and facing away from the point of impact. Sure, it's sci-fi and anything can happen, but I really don't think there's any intent of that there.

*and snipped. No need gents.

[cancerblack]

Alright but I'm sending Jonesey a bill for all these oversized gifs.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2022, 10:21:28 AM
We see them already deploying and facing away from the point of impact. Sure, it's sci-fi and anything can happen, but I really don't think there's any intent of that there.
Eh, it's a prime position for when it reaches its target :P

Makes sense how a blunt end sticks into anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed