Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,687 times)

Corporal Hicks

I've picked up the trilogy set. Worked out equalling "buy Predator and Predators and get Predator 2 free". They're all triple play as well. I'm impressed that they'd include the DVD and digital copies. I only hope the DVD version also contains the special features as I don't have a BR drive lol.

Really can't wait to re-watch this.

Vulhala

Vulhala

You can watch the special features on your BR player can't you?

Corporal Hicks

For screencaping the features. I should have been clearer.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: alienhunter14 on Nov 02, 2010, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Nov 01, 2010, 11:52:14 PM
here's the Stans and Isabelle naked scene....

http://webdare.vodspot.tv/video/4792199-predators-deleted-scene-sex

This is a funny scene that should be in the movie.

-alienhunter14

Agreed. This and the third most wanted deleted scene should have been in the movie. Funnily enough both focus on Stans.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I didn't like the scene. It was reinforcing Stans with what we already knew about him, really. I wouldn't call it a necessary character moment.

Prime113

Prime113

Yeah, but it helps a little bit. Actually I don't even think they tell you what he did to get into prison, we just know that he is. The third most wanted scene should have been keep in so we could get a little insight to what he did and for Royce to know that he is the third most wanted by the FBI.

Keyes

Keyes

I picked up the "Tripple Play" release of Predators on Blu-ray yesterday (UK). It contains 2 discs, the full Blu-ray and a DVD with the film and a digital copy as part of it. Playing the DVD doesn't contain anything other than the film and one Motion Comic. No commentary or other special features.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Spartan113 on Nov 02, 2010, 06:57:12 PM
Yeah, but it helps a little bit. Actually I don't even think they tell you what he did to get into prison, we just know that he is. The third most wanted scene should have been keep in so we could get a little insight to what he did and for Royce to know that he is the third most wanted by the FBI.
I think it's clear he's a murdering rapist, isn't it? The humour moment is out of place that. People already had problems with "5 o'clock bitch raping time".

predxeno

predxeno

The Stans Motion Comic helps explain why he's in prison.  It doesn't depict him as a rapist, though.

Quote from: Daz_85 on Nov 02, 2010, 07:12:42 PM
I picked up the "Tripple Play" release of Predators on Blu-ray yesterday (UK). It contains 2 discs, the full Blu-ray and a DVD with the film and a digital copy as part of it. Playing the DVD doesn't contain anything other than the film and one Motion Comic. No commentary or other special features.

Only 1?  The US version had 3 motion comics; Crucified, Isabelle, and Mombasa.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 02, 2010, 08:14:35 PM

I'm talking about in film though. Like when you watch it at the movie theater. Not everybody is gonna watch the motion comics or the read the character bio before watching it.

predxeno

predxeno

Technically, it's after watching it, but I get your point.  That's one of the things I love about these Motion Comics; only the serious fans gets their questions answered, all the other casual watchers don't; it's like a reward system. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Well on the UK release it only has Isabelle, Cuchillo, Hanzo, Mombasa and short intro/end-tro by Noland. Also the Crucified comic. I wonder why the Stans comic isn't on there.

Also - Isabelle's comic contradicts the comic adaption with her being kidnapped in Afghanistan instead of in South America like the in adaption. Crucified contradicts the prequel comic by having them hunt down the Classic Predator instead of getting him as a result of the Seal's trap.

Continuity strikes again!

Deleted scenes have largely been boring. Nothing special in any of them, I feel.

Waiting for the Mrs to get home as she wants to watch the movie.

predxeno

predxeno

I know about the Isabelle contradiction, but I figured a way around the Crucified one.  The BSPs capture Classic cause of the trap then let him go again to hunt him; in the Crucified Motion Comic, it looked to me that Classic was very underarmed so it's possible that the BSPs stripped him of his plasmacaster before setting him loose again so that they couldh ave more fun with him.  Which do we consider more canon; the comics or the Motion Comics.  I'd say Motion Comics cause they were made for the DVD and Blu-Ray and the comic adaptation is very loosely based on the film; characters say other characters' lines and different choices are made by them than in the movie.

shakermakerman

Any one else got lines on there screen when the camera is on Edwins feet when he is running on the stickman scene?

Vulhala

Vulhala

Play.com still haven't delivered my f**king Bluray. I'm so pissed right now I could punch a nun  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed