Andrew Lee Interview!!!

Started by Darkoo, May 26, 2007, 05:41:43 PM

Author
Andrew Lee Interview!!! (Read 29,417 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I bloody well hope it aint rogue...cos...that'd suck.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Darkness on May 27, 2007, 10:00:31 PM
QuotePersonally I dont see why they should re-design it, the ship in AvP looked good to me... 

Except it looked nothing like a Predator ship...

I suspected there would be "continuity" problems from AvP but I'm glad of that. It'll give the directors a chance to start from scratch and use the originals as their basis instead of AvP.

Anderson never gave a toss about continuity when he made AvP. A lot of people seem to forget that.

But changing yet AGAIN the design of the ship may increase the problem because of the old 'suspension of disbelief' crap... ;D

It will instil confusion when we see AVP then AVP2 and the interiors and exteriors of the ship don't match... likes and dislikes aside... ESPECIALLY if fans dislike the changes done in AVP2 by the time they see it...

Despite we liking or disliking AVP, it is out there now, and if they are doing a direct sequel, they should stick to what was done visually in terms of the spaceship design because to me, it will be like changing Sigourney with some other actress from Alien to Aliens, or to use a real MOVIE example, replacing Jodie Foster with Julianne Moore from 'Silence of the Lambs' to 'Hannibal'...

I liked the AVP design, taking into account that the various Predator ships will diverge architecturally from one to the next, but I agree that it looks nothing like a Predator ship (though we have to admit, all we saw from the Pred ship in the first Predator was as it passed by at the beginning, and the rear of it in Predator 2... which were different from Predator to Predator 2...The best glimpse we got was in the AVP2 game so...

So the best shot of the ship we got was actually in a PC game which I don't know if it was just a programmer's design or was based on actual modelisations of the Predator 2 movie... If there is a model, can you post a link to it...?  Thanks a million... ;)

Highland

Highland

but who said it was the AVP ship they were re-doing? did they quote this, or just "we re re-designing the ship"?

I think they are talking about our hunters ship(the new pred), to change the first one just does'nt make sense.

War Wager

War Wager

They could keep the look of the ship from AvP on the outside, but they can change the inside all they want as we only see inside the back of the ship in the first one...

Highland

Highland

not sure, doesn't the guy mention a model of some sort, and a stage setting, I dont think the first AVP had any of these, and if it did, i doubt it would need re-designed? (well since the guy mentions "low budget" about 5 times)

It also poses the question, if it is the new Ship, why the Alter? perhaps a clue to the new plot... :-\

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: highlandpred on May 28, 2007, 11:04:26 PM
not sure, doesn't the guy mention a model of some sort, and a stage setting, I dont think the first AVP had any of these, and if it did, i doubt it would need re-designed? (well since the guy mentions "low budget" about 5 times)

It also poses the question, if it is the new Ship, why the Alter? perhaps a clue to the new plot... :-\

Changes were done to match our visual style, as well as to bring design elements closer to the way they were in the originals (Alien, Aliens, Predator, and Predator2).

Trioxide

Trioxide

But then continuity goes out the window....

Because obviously the Predator ships in AvP,  and Predator 2 are all different designs.....

Oh..wait.. continuity already when out the window when AvP was made.... .  :(

:D

Colin, what did the Fox people think of the rough cut ?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm just going to accept the new designs, i won't argue with that.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on May 29, 2007, 03:32:50 AM
Changes were done to match our visual style, as well as to bring design elements closer to the way they were in the originals (Alien, Aliens, Predator, and Predator2).

So why keep the Aliens looking mostly like from Alien Resurrection and AvP? Actually going back to the Aliens design - Outside of simply removing the cowl - would've been a nice change.

jimmylace

jimmylace

I think theres got to be levels of diplomacy when it comes to the direction of ADI's work. Thats how ADI want to make the aliens look these days; of course many fans prefered the detail biomechanical look, but then again..many ppl on here prefer the aliens design to alien. (which I dont)

Whilst a redesigned ship creates some contunity issues...it perversely restores continuity with the originals. You might think that 2 wrongs dont make a right, but Id disagree. Anderson botched up the predators in many ways; I dont think he really understood their appeal. Good to see a more tribal ship make a reappearance.

SiL

SiL

I like the Alien design best, but at this rate the chances of us ever seeing that again are sweet FA...

JaredK21

JaredK21

I have a feeling we will see random scriptures and alienesque designs on the predator ship, ala predator 2 :)

Also lots of fog!!

The continuity between the ships was a concern for me, but whatever...i'll just assume the ship  changes its interior randomly?? lol. (If the ships we see are supposed to be the same).

Highland

Highland

I understand the Visual style part, put you can style change your visual style without altering the actual elements/props invoved. lighting, tone and your camera style perhaps, to change the actual material goes against the grain a little. However, I'm all for out with the old and in with the new!

I Suppose you guys are at a sort of "disadvantage" with this being the first Proper follow on (ie the movies are tied by what happened in the previous instalment, unlike Alien, Aliens, Predator, Predator 2)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: highlandpred on May 29, 2007, 09:29:50 AM

I understand the Visual style part, put you can style change your visual style without altering the actual elements/props invoved. lighting, tone and your camera style perhaps, to change the actual material goes against the grain a little. However, I'm all for out with the old and in with the new!

I Suppose you guys are at a sort of "disadvantage" with this being the first Proper follow on (ie the movies are tied by what happened in the previous instalment, unlike Alien, Aliens, Predator, Predator 2)

Agreed... It is a tricky affair to do a direct sequel when the original has some controversial bits that need to be present iin the sequel...

From my moviegoing experience, I never liked departures, visual or otherwise, regarding the source material, namely, the original... Whenever I saw a different actor portraying a beloved character, or a decor that departed too much from the original I had seen, it made a bump on my SoD, therefore, cut my involvement on the movie...

When we go see AVP2, we will subconsciouly establish comparisons and procure familiar settings whenever we see the new Altar in the Predator ship the same way the cryotubes in Alien3 looked so different from the Aliens ones... Did you notice that when you saw A3 for the first time...?

I did, because my mind, in the first viewing, is like a sponge...I absorb everything and reflect later... But nowadays, I find myself boring myself to death at theatres with the latest batch of SFX movies... :(

I hope AVP2 brings back that 'sponge' joy...! :D :D ;) 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Why is there any mention of continuity problems?

Remember, that last spaceship design did not replace the others. It was shown stowing them below the hull, acting as a mothership carrier. This could very easily be one of those which either acted in an escape pod role or went on its business, only to have things go wrong when it did so.

After all, a hunting trip back to Earth on one of those smaller ships would make sense, yes? Perhaps the Predalien stows away aboard it?

Or maybe, as I always thought, that Predator body was not ignored... It was placed in a stasis field to allow them access to a Predalien. They might as well use it if they can do, instead of incinerating it, right?

:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed