AvP Galaxy Interviews JD Sorvari, the Lead Writer and Narrative Designer for Alien: Blackout!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2019, 12:33:40 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews JD Sorvari, the Lead Writer and Narrative Designer for Alien: Blackout! (Read 2,733 times)

Corporal Hicks

If you’ve been checking out our recent content, you may have had some indication that we rather enjoy Alien: Blackout here at Alien vs. Predator Galaxy. So when the people who worked on the game started to come out of their chambers of secrecy I jumped at the chance to chat to JD Sorvari, the Lead Writer and Narrative Designer for Alien: Blackout!

First off JD, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to come and answer the questions of a bunch of nerds on the internet! Before we start talking Alien, please tell our readers a little bit about yourself and your journey to being a part of Rival Games.

As a fellow nerd on the internet, it’s my pleasure. Used to be that we didn’t see game writers interviewed in the media, but that is fortunately changing now. I used to be part of that problem, though not for a lack of trying, as I worked in games media for some five years before climbing the wall and escaping to the development side of things. My career before that was what you could call varied, ranging from assembling phones at the Nokia plant to being an assistant at a funeral home. Pretty much what you’d expect from a Comparative Religion major, eh?

I’ve always written though, mostly for my roleplaying campaigns. That’d be my top tip to any aspiring game writers out there: get into dungeonmastering. You learn so much about creating a functional narrative that people will enjoy interacting with.

Me joining up with Rival Games was one of those strokes of luck, where a husband of a friend heard of a new, local game studio looking for someone to consult a little on a project they had been prototyping. That consultation rapidly turned into me becoming the lead writer on The Detail, which was our debut game, followed by Thief of Thieves: Season One, and now Alien: Blackout.

AvP Galaxy Interviews JD Sorvari, the Lead Writer and Narrative Designer for Alien: Blackout!

Click here to continue reading our interview with JD!

Make sure you keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Blackout! You can follow us on FacebookTwitterInstagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

The Old One

The Old One

I'm getting Deja Vu, wasn't this posted already?

Corporal Hicks

Nope. Another outlet interviewed him. We did a separate one. Admittedly I used the same featured image though.

Frosty Venom

Michael Bishop "Weyland" would only be 10 years old during the events of this game, so the Weyland referred to would likely be Peter.

lost dragon

Frosty Venom

Also The Ms Yutani that is mentioned has to be Jenny Yutani from Covenant - Origins right? She'd probably be somewhere between her late 50s to early 70s by the time of Blackout.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed