First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 53,946 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2020, 10:52:00 AM

Funnily enough someone actually traced that one for one of L&D comics

Found it

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 21, 2020, 12:41:14 PM

:D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2020, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2020, 10:52:00 AM

Funnily enough someone actually traced that one for one of L&D comics

Found it

Kradan

Kradan

It didn't help that Prometheus run (IMO) had the weakest artwork out of all L&D comics. It looks a bit amateur

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't read any of that stuff, though I was kind of curious to since it was the only time any prequel-inspired content ever found its way into the comics. It's a shame that that never happened in non-crossover stuff.

I bet that F&S and L&D are eventually collected in a Marvel AVP omnibus down the line.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 21, 2020, 01:51:01 PM
I haven't read any of that stuff, though I was kind of curious to since it was the only time any prequel-inspired content ever found its way into the comics. Its a shame that that never happened in non-crossover stuff.

I'd put Fire & Stone above Life & Death, personally. While L&D has more cohesive vision and straight-forward narrative F&S has more crazy shit and is s all over the place with its story. F&S has more stuff that I like about prequels while L&D feels like Aliens/Predators/AvP comics with Marines and stuff from Prometheus thrown in.

Oh, and artwork in F&S is so much better

Lost_Hunter

I was pretty happy with Life and Death and Fire and Stone. Some great artwork and stories. The introduction of the Prometheus elements was a good fit for both franchises, too bad Fox got in the way of the narrative. Looks like this Marvel omnibus might be a good grab. I like that they're including books that never got republished by Darkhorse. Good start.

judge death

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2020, 08:20:46 AM
I'd managed to get away with no binding issues for a while with those, but the last time I cracked one open it started to come undone.  :'(
Isnt it possible to just glue it back?
Havent had such issues but then again I refuse to open books and comics fully, only opening the pages halfway max to not strain the back of the book, so far it seems to have preserved my books and comics well. And sun isnt an issue: i hate sun and its always dark in my home :P

Russ840

You can re glue the bindings, yes.

Corporal Hicks

To the guests - we've nothing wrong with negative opinions. We just like them expressed in mature manners.

Kradan

Kradan

Have I missed something ?

Kailem

Kailem

Probably some deleted posts.

So yeah, it definitely seems like Marvel is coming out with a big, quality release for their first reprint collection. The inclusion of things like Countdown and the Kenner comics definitely seems to be an indication that they're committed to doing these right. Sounds like it's going to be pretty damn huge as well, which has never been something they've shied away from with their omnibus collections in the past. If it's anything like some of those it's going to take a power loader to lift it up!

I actually had no idea Newt's Tale was so hard to come by these days. It was the first Alien comic I got along with the original AVP, so that's cool that others who might have been curious about it over the years will be able to read it for themselves (even though it's nothing particularly substantial).

But ew about Greg Land though. I guess that means we'll be getting a cover showing someone having an orgasm as they're confronted by an Alien...

Kradan

Kradan

Yeeeeep.

But when I think about it - wouldn't it make Giger proud ?

Anyway, if I ever buy Marvel comics drawn by Greg Land

Spoiler
It will be for jerking-off purposes only
[close]

Kailem

Kailem

Maybe only if they were kissing too.

Russ840

You can guarantee that the DM variant for the first Predator omnibus will be the first issue's cover. That will look great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed