AVP2 Dedit Export as OBJ.

Started by Number13, Nov 15, 2019, 07:21:13 AM

Author
AVP2 Dedit Export as OBJ. (Read 6,540 times)

Number13

Number13

Hi guys. Previously I asked for help with getting .ED files of AVP maps for the map editor Dedit. Thanks to a great guy, I managed to get the .ED files I wanted. But I have two problems:

First of all Dedit gives me this error saying it can't find "Can't find class module object.dll." According to my research, to solve that problem, I need to find this file "object.lto" But I can't that file, and I've installed and reinstalled it many times and can't find that file.

Second, I can't export it as an OBJ. with the textures. Is there a way to export it with textures? Or can you only export the map untextured? If that's the case, I have a way to do get the textures, but it's a bitch to do, but it's better than nothing if that's my only option.

Any ideas? I would really appreciate the help and if there is an answer, it would save me a whole lot of extra work.

piff

piff

Quote from: Number13 on Nov 15, 2019, 07:21:13 AM
Hi guys. Previously I asked for help with getting .ED files of AVP maps for the map editor Dedit. Thanks to a great guy, I managed to get the .ED files I wanted. But I have two problems:

First of all Dedit gives me this error saying it can't find "Can't find class module object.dll." According to my research, to solve that problem, I need to find this file "object.lto" But I can't that file, and I've installed and reinstalled it many times and can't find that file.

Second, I can't export it as an OBJ. with the textures. Is there a way to export it with textures? Or can you only export the map untextured? If that's the case, I have a way to do get the textures, but it's a bitch to do, but it's better than nothing if that's my only option.

Any ideas? I would really appreciate the help and if there is an answer, it would save me a whole lot of extra work.

where do u get dedit I cant find it anywhere

how do you export a map?

SuperM

SuperM

OBJ files never have any textures unless they have a companion MTL file. Dedit can't give you an MTL file so you'd have to retexture the map in another program. ;[ sorry man

piff

piff

Quote from: SuperM on Mar 15, 2021, 12:47:17 AM
OBJ files never have any textures unless they have a companion MTL file. Dedit can't give you an MTL file so you'd have to retexture the map in another program. ;[ sorry man

I have used LTWorldConv a command line to to extract everything and make it a lta file and I am using the plugins to open it in 3ds max

i am in 3ds max and I can see the materials but I dont know how to tell them what to use

if I can tell them to use the proper tga file then it will work

Quote from: piff on Mar 16, 2021, 02:51:48 PM
Quote from: SuperM on Mar 15, 2021, 12:47:17 AM

I have used LTWorldConv a command line to to extract everything and make it a lta file and I am using the plugins to open it in 3ds max 5 the old version from 2002 on XP

i am in 3ds max and I can see the materials but I dont know how to tell them what to use

if I can tell them to use the proper tga file then it will work, at least in theory it should....

SuperM

SuperM

I think you have to have DEdit and Winrez LT for this.

DEdit is in the tools which I'm sure are included in the AVP2 'All in One' edition. Just install that stuff and find it through the 'Tools' subfolder in the AVP2 directory.

Then find Winrez LT online. Download, install, use to unpack the AVP2.rez.

Now open DEdit, load up the AVP2.dep from the AVP2.rez you just unpacked. Find the textures in the 'textures' tab on DEdit. Right click and export the ones you need to TGA. Maybe use photoshop to upscale them a bit. Enjoy. :P

Tell you what's fun. Get Milkshape 3D, export the APC model. Texture the APC. Dump snow on the APC. Now it has a little snow hat on the turret.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed