New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,821 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Completely unexpected news.

Part of me suspects they're going the Native American route largely because it'll be cheap to make, but a historical Predator film is something fans have been calling for for ages. Cool they we're finally getting it.

I can see plenty of scope for this being brutal.

Russian

Tagline: "You won't see Predator 5 news coming" :o

Lost_Hunter

Woh, this came outta nowhere? Would have been cool to hear the pitch. Too early to jump on the train but the Native American angle sounds awesome. Just for the love of god keep ADI out of it.

seattle24

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Nov 20, 2020, 10:30:58 PM
Woh, this came outta nowhere? Would have been cool to hear the pitch. Too early to jump on the train but the Native American angle sounds awesome. Just for the love of god keep ADI out of it.

Yeah I second jettison ADI if it gets that far. Give a new talented practical effects crew a shot.

bendinglight

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Nov 20, 2020, 10:30:58 PM
Just for the love of god keep ADI out of it.

Couldn't agree more :)

SuperiorIronman

I wonder if Marvel has any part in this. We got new books in 2021 so I wonder if that'll have anything to do here.

If they jettison ADI it does make me wonder what an ILM Predator would be like.

George

No human friendship and no weak Predator, please, please, please

Gr33n M4n

I have low expectations.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Nov 20, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
And HELL YES, it's about time they finally made a Predator movie set in the past!! I'd imagine the potential lower budget (and who knows, maybe even "back to basics" approach) could well be the reason a new Predator is moving forwards before a new Alien.

YES!!!! It's about DAMN time we get a Predator movie in the past, and all the Predator in the prism of native american spirituality that we can get, please!

Quote from: bendinglight on Nov 20, 2020, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 20, 2020, 10:14:58 PM
I expect crabators.

Christ lets hope not - I would be incredibly disappointed if ADI was tapped to work on this. That studio needs to keep its subpar hands off Predator.

Crabators?!!

Please keep ADI as far away as possible from this Predator film, please! Back to basics in every way!

Marc505

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 20, 2020, 10:19:54 PM
Sounds great to me. No genetic splicing bullshit, awkward comedy, or autism spine juice; just a good old fashioned Predator hunt.We've got nothing to lose with this film.

Agreed. I'm excited about the prospect of another go at getting this right.

I'd go further than no gimmicky rubbish like you mention too, and do away with lots of the callback stuff as well, the same music, same one liners, same "Predator has to spend 5 minutes ditching all its gear to have a final showdown" stuff etc.

Theres potential to make a really original, grim, dirty horror story around a Predator hunt, granted its Disney so we probably wont get that far, but hopefully a totally new and past setting can be the first step to a really fresh story.

Good news, anyhow.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 20, 2020, 09:37:29 PM
What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Alien isn't dead either. We can confirm that too.  ;) :P

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 10:44:38 PM
What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Jigsaw85

The thought of a predator in the prairies of America is interesting, not much cover for it to hide.

seattle24

seattle24

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 20, 2020, 10:42:15 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Nov 20, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
And HELL YES, it's about time they finally made a Predator movie set in the past!! I'd imagine the potential lower budget (and who knows, maybe even "back to basics" approach) could well be the reason a new Predator is moving forwards before a new Alien.

YES!!!! It's about DAMN time we get a Predator movie in the past, and all the Predator in the prism of native american spirituality that we can get, please!

Quote from: bendinglight on Nov 20, 2020, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 20, 2020, 10:14:58 PM
I expect crabators.

Christ lets hope not - I would be incredibly disappointed if ADI was tapped to work on this. That studio needs to keep its subpar hands off Predator.

Crabators?!!

https://media.tenor.com/images/68549c51ecf88e631dbd7b0ba8e2cf76/tenor.gif

Please keep ADI as far away as possible from this Predator film, please! Back to basics in every way!

https://i.ibb.co/vHD4V5T/IMG-20200108-151004.png

Fingers crossed for you bro, the only thing worse than their Crabators are their Aliens :( I genuinely mean that as well.

I'm starting to get caught up in the hype now! I still don't think it'll happen though  ;D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 10:44:38 PM

I knew this would be the case, but hearing it makes me bloody nervous. TV series? (please)

George

The ADI guys made a lot of movies with Predator and never learned to do it right. Don't call these guys again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed