Started by Darkness, Nov 04, 2006, 04:23:01 PM

Which would you rather see?

Alien 5
194 (38.4%)
Predator 3
311 (61.6%)

Total Members Voted: 437

Author
Alien 5 or Predator 3? (Read 148,227 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

I just saw a video of a 17 year old girl being stoned to death in Iraq (for some stupid reason), while the cops just stand there and do nothing.  F###ing savages.  I wouldn't mind seeing some of them get ripped in half by a Predator.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

[
Quote from: gameoverman on May 29, 2007, 12:27:53 AM
...while the cops just stand there and do nothing.  F###ing savages.

Yeah, nothing like that ever happens in America, land of the free.  (Or Australia, or England...)  ::)

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 29, 2007, 03:15:06 AM
[

Yeah, nothing like that ever happens in America, land of the free.  (Or Australia, or England...)  ::)
No in america they get shot not stoned to death canada my GREAT COUNTRY that doesnt happen at all except for that gay gang in my city who think they own the place

MODIFY DUM DUM DUM DUM now read it over again RAWR

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 29, 2007, 03:15:06 AM
[

This kind of thing doesn't happen in the West.  This girl was killed because she was a Yazidi and was seen with a Sunni Muslim man.  It was a ritualised murder - something deeply ingrained into their culture.  Westerners, on average, tend to be a bit more civilised than that.

Sorry for going off topic.

Really the other ideas for Predator just seem poorly thought out - IE going to the Predator's homeplanet or Predators in the 16th century.

Especially now with James Cameron's AVATAR creating the most detailed alien world and culture - it'd make the Predators look stupid (unless they had a massive budget but I doubt so).

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: gameoverman on May 29, 2007, 09:27:02 AM

Don't be.  It was my comment that brought that on.

Anyway, my only point is, the "f**king savages" comment is a ridiculous generalization, as attrocities are performed all over the world, for a multitude of reasons. (And all too often, for no damn reason at all.)  You think western culture is so much more civilized?   Please.

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

yea we shoot them not stone them still pretty bad

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 29, 2007, 11:44:29 AM

Anyway, my only point is, the "f**king savages" comment is a ridiculous generalization, as attrocities are performed all over the world, for a multitude of reasons. (And all too often, for no damn reason at all.)  You think western culture is so much more civilized?   Please.

My point was if you read it that we don't have these type of barbaric rituals ingrained in western culture.  We don't go stoning people to death for adultery.  If so, then please point out where this happens and the police don't do anything about it.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 29, 2007, 11:44:29 AM

Sure its a generalization, but any culture that stones people are savages, period. 

jacorama

jacorama

i think predator 3 because they havent told were the predators came from or where there home wrold is!!

jphlower

jphlower

I'd prefer to see a Predator 3 rather than an Aliens 5, I've got nothing against the whole Aliens sagar, I'm actually fans of both Aliens and Pedator. I just think it would be a little hard to make a 5th sequal (with a worth while storyline) for Aliens simply cause of the unfortunate dead ending of Resurection.
Also, with the Predator series, there is a whole lot more potential you can work with - a whole lot more!
And not that its important, but there is the matter of the short amount of sequals for Predator.
And last but not least, there is one thing that Ive been hearing some talk amongst themselves, and its something I really dont want to see infect the Aliens and Predator series, and that is the acting of a Wrestler, I can't stand the poor acting skills that Wrestlers possess, everytime I watch a some tough guy with more muscle then brain from some wrestling org. I just cant help that feeling of embarresmant that settles in ofcourse not for me, but for the hard working directors and script writer's that put there blood, sweat and tears into all this work - just to have it mocked and teased because of the shabby acting of wrestlers - but anyway's  ;D
Thats my 2 cents!!!

gameoverman

gameoverman

I don't know about that - Predator is more about formula.  If you look at Predator 2, it is basically a rehash of the first but with a different setting.  Going in a totally different direction could work or maybe not.

The alien series is different.  Every movie has gone in a new direction.  It's a much richer universe to explore - which is why Alien 5 could be very interesting. 

Honestly - I'm not interested at all in seeing a Predator planet - unless James Cameron is going to do it (he is creating a whole alien culture and world for his new movie, AVATAR).  I really think seeing their planet will ruin them. 

I'd rather see the Jockeys homeworld or a planet full of aliens.  It could be like a Giger painting brought to life and be more mysterious.  It would be just damn cool.

Ansul

Ansul

I think that Predator 3 would be more interesting than Alien 5. That's coming from me. Even though I couldn't see the last twenty minutes of Resurrection, I have a feeling that it's not in any dire need of a sequel. That and Predator movies can hit a sequel off from everywhere. See the difference between one and two.

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

I like the Alien series Better so I want Alien 5!

- ALIENS ROCK!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Firstly, the Colonial Marines would give it a major problem, because they appeared to have been disbanded and replaced with an inept 'United Systems Military', meaning that any portrayed outbreak would be contained and never found out about. I don't like that, any more than I like the fact that Whedon also cemented that Weyland-Yutani now no longer exists, but there we are.

Secondly, Iraq, no. Something with Israel and Palestinean terrorists would be just as likely to lure them, but any such film would have the same problem: Those who make it would be too tempted to make some sort of political commentry on it.

Thirdly, I don't see what 'Predator 3' would achieve. With the Aliens, there is always the knowledge that they at least want to try and escape and use anything living to breed with. Predators, though, regulate themselves. There is never any danger of them wanting to kill everyone in the world. The first worked because the entire situation was very contained, out in the middle of nowhere, but any film trying to repeat that would end up being a copy. The second went around in circles, because the police characters weere trying to figure out what was doing the killing when the audience already knew. 'Terminator 2' avoided stuff like that by having the Terminator make itself known, right from the start, but interjecting a completely new type it had to protect others from, compeltely shifting the dynamic.

You can't change the dynamic where there are Predators involved. Having it protect humans? Could you picture that working? What we're left with is just having it set up yet another hunt and there's only so many times that can be made fresh and even slightly entertaining.

'Alien Versus Predator' works by having the Aliens as a potentially uncontained threat. They fill the void the Predators refuse to, because they have rules. Aliens don't. They throw a situation into chaos and we see how this extraterrestrial hunter deals with that.

There are lots of things which can still be done with the threat the Aliens represent. Not so much Predators, alas. Where would the threat be? They won't take over the world. They'll only be interested in hunting a small group of individuals. If we go to where they come from, it'll just end up seeming like a film about Klingons. Do we want that? Truly?

BKS_tmo

BKS_tmo

Nice observation Xenomorphine.

Im not sure what is better option. I think that in both serials have many questions that need to be answerd. But, my point go to Alien... i thin that Alien Resurectio is bad movie and i wish the serial and with god one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed