Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 897,983 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I have been reading War of Kings lately, it was rather awesome. I need to finish reading Secret Invasion soon. As for DC, I enjoy more of their Vertigo stuff then most of the DCU stuff IMO.

Huol

Huol

To be honest I've completely stopped reading marvel.
I started reading deadpool again a few months ago but it didn't do anything for me.

Only read Cap Reborn cause I wanted to see how they'd pull off this ridiculous "time bullets" crap.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Marvel lately has been a mixed in the bag if you ask me, I do enjoy Annihilation, and War of Kings. But other then that I feel like DC is doing better then Marvel now lately.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Grant Morrison said a while back his mission was to make a "sentient DC universe," one with its own chakras and menstruals and everything. Personally, I think Grant hits the hash a little too hard every now and then. But between the overlapping Black Glove/Reverse Flash/Black Lantern concepts, the pulp hero celebration Batman is becoming, and Geoff Johns' emotional spectrum concept, DC is great to read now (besides some hiccups with Superman and Wonder Woman). Plus, with this new graphic novel approach to publishing they're experimenting with, we might see a big shift in how comics are made.

Marvel, meanwhile, has been...Marvel. Not much to say. Spider-Man is still coming out three times a month, and the bullpen is still pushing the Neo Silver Age angle "Everything old is new again." Steve was never dead, just...honestly, I can describe what happened to Bruce Wayne better than I can what happened to Steve. Oh, and Tony is still busy being the whipping boy for everything that happened in Civil War. It doesn't feel like anything's been added to the MU since Avengers Disassembled, just removed until further notice or replaced by a writer's favorite.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 10, 2009, 08:33:51 PM
what happened to Bruce Wayne

Speaking of Bruce.
I'm actually looking forward to this Bruce Wayne through time thing.

I hope they don't let him come back, just have a series of Conan batman.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

FC was the last main DC comic title I read, I have not read the BL yet. I hear it's rather awesome.

SM

SM

Used to read lots of Star Wars and Aliens comics amongst other things - but haven't bought anything new for the better part of a decade.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I stopped readings comics around early 2008. There was a time when I wasn't buying any because the money I did have was going elsewhere, and I fell so far behind, I just stopped buying. Stopped caring too.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Vertigo comics like Sandman, Lucifer, Book of Magic, Preacher, and 100 Bullets are worth checking out if you have not read them yet. I like Vertigo then most DC comics since their more mature then most DC comics, and most of them don't take place in the DCU.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Huol on Dec 10, 2009, 08:54:17 PMI hope they don't let him come back, just have a series of Conan batman.

He's definitely coming back. They wouldn't be calling it Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne otherwise. But ROBW no. 1 is all about 'Caveman', so that's something to look forward to. Also, we're getting Witchhunterman, Pirateman, Cowboyman, and Noirman, which sounds neat to a pulp buff like me.

QuoteFC was the last main DC comic title I read, I have not read the BL yet. I hear it's rather awesome.

The Green Lantern tie-ins are cool, but the main issues have been boring until just recently.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Anyone into The Walking Dead? I got hooked last summer and am almost entirely caught up.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I read more comics now then I did before, but mainly the ones I can check out from my library or buy at used book stories. Although I try and keep up with current comic storylines via the internet. Probably one of my favorite comics is Ultimate Spider-Man.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Undeadite on Dec 12, 2009, 02:52:56 AM
Anyone into The Walking Dead? I got hooked last summer and am almost entirely caught up.

Amazing series.
Hope they don't screw it up for the tv show.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Huol on Dec 12, 2009, 04:35:30 PMAmazing series.
Hope they don't screw it up for the tv show.

I just finished reading the first 67 issues in a couple of days. Best stuff I have ever read.

There's a TV-series coming out? Reading this and the news that Natalie Portman will be in a zombie movie the same day is threatening to melt my brain with its sheer awesomeness. ;D

Huol

Huol

Miniseries produced by Frank Darabont

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed