What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,632,389 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/0uAsD6lQV1I

If you think there's final boss theme more epic than this, you're wrong

KiramidHead

HuDaFuK

One of my favourite Maiden album covers, but this might be my least favourite Maiden album.

For me this one exemplifies their annoying trend post-2000 to try and make every song an epic, usually by making them far longer than they need to be. Back in the day they'd do maybe one or two really long epics per album and then surround them with shorter, more straightforward stuff, and as a result the epics stood out. Now I find I'm usually bored long before the song's over, track after track, which is all the more annoying because if some of them were cut down to a more reasonable length I'd probably quite like them.

And good God, do they have to follow the exact same structure of slow intro -> heavy main bit -> overly waffley break -> back to the heavy bit -> reprise of the intro on practically every track? That shit gets on my tits, especially the needless repetition of the intro at the end. When was the last time Maiden did anything even half as interesting as "22 Acacia Avenue"? Or pretty much anything on Seventh Son? Or even "Sign of the Cross"?

I keep digging this one out every now and then in the hopes it'll grow on me, but it just ends up reminding me of how much less I like the band since Bruce left the first time around.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's one of my favourite Maiden album ;D

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I hear that quite a lot, hence why I keep trying to give it another go.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's very specific album. It's not like Seventh Son which has got classic Maiden songs. A matter of life and death is great as a whole. It's got the vibe I like. And I love the way it sounds.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 28, 2022, 12:40:25 PM
https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/ar0/5e0fb1900b1b4756ba30e15f0d333ef9

One of my favourite Maiden album covers, but this might be my least favourite Maiden album.

For me this one exemplifies their annoying trend post-2000 to try and make every song an epic, usually by making them far longer than they need to be. Back in the day they'd do maybe one or two really long epics per album and then surround them with shorter, more straightforward stuff, and as a result the epics stood out. Now I find I'm usually bored long before the song's over, track after track, which is all the more annoying because if some of them were cut down to a more reasonable length I'd probably quite like them.

And good God, do they have to follow the exact same structure of slow intro -> heavy main bit -> overly waffley break -> back to the heavy bit -> reprise of the intro on practically every track? That shit gets on my tits, especially the needless repetition of the intro at the end. When was the last time Maiden did anything even half as interesting as "22 Acacia Avenue"? Or pretty much anything on Seventh Son? Or even "Sign of the Cross"?

I keep digging this one out every now and then in the hopes it'll grow on me, but it just ends up reminding me of how much less I like the band since Bruce left the first time around.

I enjoy it a lot. Has some ripper songs but yes some songs you just blend into a lot of the other prog songs they have done. Highlights for me Longest Day, Out of the Shadows & The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (which has such a great groove that reminds me of Flight or Icarus).

HuDaFuK

"Breeg" is possibly the only song on the album I really like, so I can agree with that bit at least :) (Although it still has that needless return to the intro strumming at the end that drives me nuts!)

KiramidHead

kwisatz

kwisatz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEgDWqwbMfs

cliff notes: He's making a lot money at the Port of Amsterdam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7PTYNa7NY

cns: He's still making a lot of money

Kradan

Kradan

Guess will have to settle for listening the OST since I can't go watch the movie (still pissed off about that btw)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 07, 2022, 10:30:42 AM
Guess will have to settle for listening the OST since I can't go watch the movie (still pissed off about that btw)

How come you can't go see it at the cinema? Restrictions due to the pandemic?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed