Ask Steve Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 06, 2007, 09:22:14 PM

Author
Ask Steve Perry (Read 187,718 times)

steveperry

steveperry

Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
You mean that little graphic at the bottom of Maledoro's posts?  Or something else?

Yep.

SM

SM

What's the point?  It's the interwebz.

Aeus

Aeus

...Mal thought you should know.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's just a funny thing on the internet. It's been round a while. Nothing to worry about.

maledoro

maledoro

...or is it...?

keylight-di

keylight-di

No, it isn't.... ;D

steveperry

steveperry

I have a stat counter on my blog. It tags posters and -- if I want to check -- gives their ISP, OS, browser, location to the nearest node; it offers a map, how many times they've visited, how long they stayed, and all sorts of other things: where they came from, the path they used, search engines. I don't put this info up, but I can access it.

Since anybody with a web page or blog can use this kind of program, and since anybody who surfs leaves tracks unless they use a masking program like Vidalia's onion and Tor, or some commercial service that misdirects, the idea of Big Brother watching you isn't much of a surprise. I was just wondering why anybody bothered to stick up notice.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: steveperry on Nov 15, 2009, 05:19:47 PM
I was just wondering why anybody bothered to stick up notice.
SM summed it up:
Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2009, 12:00:45 AM
What's the point?  It's the interwebz.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

How did you know I was wearing bunny slippers?  :-[

maledoro

maledoro

There's a built-in camera in the graphic.

You know those "watermark" network logos that are on the lower-right corner of your TV screen? They can see you, too. Ask Griker; he knows.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Oh God.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Now now folk. Steve wont be aware of the craziness that is Griker.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I'm glad Griker posts here. While I may respect Mal or SM or SiL more, Griker makes me laugh. And that's a very important thing.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 19, 2009, 06:40:44 PM
I'm glad Griker posts here. While I may respect Mal or SM or SiL more, Griker makes me laugh. And that's a very important thing.
Well that makes one of us, I guess. :P

SM

SM

Two.

That SM guy is a tool though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed