Ask Steve Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 06, 2007, 09:22:14 PM

Author
Ask Steve Perry (Read 187,727 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 01, 2009, 12:47:30 AM
I always assumed it was on the Dropship. True?
Nope, hence the problems.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 01, 2009, 12:55:12 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 01, 2009, 12:47:30 AM
I always assumed it was on the Dropship. True?
Nope, hence the problems.

Bleh, yeah that makes no sense. Wouldn't have been hard to stick one on part of the Dropship either.

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

I have another question for you Steve.

What are your thoughts on the two new film projects 'Predators' and the 'Alien prequel'?

Do you think that these two films will be a success and do you think they have the potential to kick start both series again?

Thank you.

BrokenDiode

BrokenDiode

Hello Mr Perry.

This thread was actually one of the reasons I finally decided to join the forum. It's quite refreshing to see someone whose works I admire talking to the public! I've recently re-discovered your books. I used to read them avidly as a kid. Recently I've been scouring bookshops and e-bay left and right to find copies. It's a shame that they're so hard to find here in the UK.

I've never seen a writing style quite like yours before. It's very fragmented, which I think gives a good impression of the immediacy of the moments you're presenting. It works very well for the fast paced Aliens/Predator universes, and thank you very much for writing them. They've inspired much artwork from me.

Had you ever considered writing a novel entirely from the perspective of a young Yautja and minimizing the human element or presence?

steveperry

steveperry

New movies. Same thoughts as the on the old ones. Get a good writer, director, actors, come up with a good story, you have a winner. Let some fanboys who like to see lots of gore loose on 'em, you don't get the audience.

Alien was scary, and aside from the chest-burster, not all that gory. Good date movie.

Aliens was a better picture, and for me, the acme of the series. Cameron is a better moviemaker than anybody else who has laid hands on the franchises.

For me, Predator was okay. P2, not so much. AvP? Less said the better. A3, I've mentioned, didn't work for me at all. A4. Meh.

We all have our choices for our own reasons, them's mine.

As for Predator POV, my daughter and I did a little of that in AvP, and fans seemed to like it. We're weren't supposed to go there, they didn't want us to, but we did it anyway and they decided they liked it.

I offered to try a book with that kind of POV, and they decided against it. Their toy, they get to make the rules.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: steveperry on Nov 01, 2009, 06:46:01 PM
Aliens was a better picture, and for me, the acme of the series. Cameron is a better moviemaker than anybody else who has laid hands on the franchises.

Inb4 SiL.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I find it humorous that you didn't deem AVPR worthy of mention.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Hello Mr. Perry!

As for Predator POV, my daughter and I did a little of that in AvP, and fans seemed to like it. We're weren't supposed to go there, they didn't want us to, but we did it anyway and they decided they liked it.

I offered to try a book with that kind of POV, and they decided against it. Their toy, they get to make the rules.

It's so sad information. I was praying about story like this, Yautja POV only. There are many books or fanfiction, but for me - you are  the Yautja God of Creation, your universe is such perfect. You made the canon.  It's saint for me. Not movies.  :)
I'm sorry, because I waste your time, but I have to write it.
Sorry for my mistakes, but I'm foreigner. (I learn English to read your books...)

Salute from far away...  ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 01, 2009, 07:34:49 PM
Inb4 SiL.
Eh. Aliens is a much more entertaining ride than any of the other Alien movies.

Aeus

Aeus

And that's about it.

SM

SM

QuoteI find it humorous that you didn't deem AVPR worthy of mention.

Oh but he did...

QuoteLet some fanboys who like to see lots of gore loose on 'em, you don't get the audience.

maledoro

maledoro

The Predator POV is the main reason I had stopped reading the Dark Horse novels; "Aliens", too. By introducing names, language, and so on to them, the Preddies had lost their mystique. They became little more than Klingons who skin humans.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: maledoro on Nov 01, 2009, 11:18:50 PM
The Predator POV is the main reason I had stopped reading the Dark Horse novels; "Aliens", too. By introducing names, language, and so on to them, the Preddies had lost their mystique. They became little more than Klingons who skin humans.
I'm sorry but I don't agree. I really need to know who they are, I really need to know how, where etc.from best source. For me Yautja have big potential. I don't want them only as monster killing oomans. Not as a target in computer games. I love idea Yautja culture in books and I just want to know more and more.
I'm this kind of fan. I can talk about them for hours.... ;)
So I still have never-dying hope...  ;D

SM

SM

QuoteI really need to know who they are, I really need to know how, where etc.from best source.

Wouldn't the "best source" be the films?

magical_boy

magical_boy

exploration of alien or predator background is fine if done well, in other words if done to my liking

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed