Ask Steve Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 06, 2007, 09:22:14 PM

Author
Ask Steve Perry (Read 188,871 times)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2008, 02:53:55 AM
QuoteMike Richardson and I have written a horror movie script

Well come on then - make wit the details.

Wait for AVP3, then you'll find out what happens... ;)

SiL

SiL

A Predator with some bizarrely punctuated name like "L'ar-ge Co'k" pulls a Wolf and hands Aliens their asses for 90 minutes. Steamy sex scenes. Gritty dialogue. Aliens no more than cannon fodder to be blown away. Predators speak an illogical vowel-based language. Tough hero chick saves the day.

Again.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: SiL on Apr 11, 2008, 08:42:19 AM
A Predator with some bizarrely punctuated name like "L'ar-ge Co'k" pulls a Wolf and hands Aliens their asses for 90 minutes. Steamy sex scenes. Gritty dialogue. Aliens no more than cannon fodder to be blown away. Predators speak an illogical vowel-based language. Tough hero chick saves the day.

Again.

theyve remade avp and avp-r already?! :P

steveperry

steveperry

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2008, 02:53:55 AM
QuoteMike Richardson and I have written a horror movie script

Well come on then - make wit the details.

Get a copy of the DH miniseries, "The Secret." It's based on the script.

As for Machiko, I dunno. If somebody did something else with her, other than that kind-of nod in AvP1, I haven't noticed it.

marrerom

marrerom

steve when are you gonna write a novelization of resident eveil 4?

War Wager

War Wager

You said on the AvPR DVD that Aliens are stupid. The Queen is obviously the smartest yes, but you made it sound like the Warriors are completely numb up there. What makes you think this?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: War Wager on May 16, 2008, 07:49:17 PM
You said on the AvPR DVD that Aliens are stupid. The Queen is obviously the smartest yes, but you made it sound like the Warriors are completely numb up there. What makes you think this?
This is covered in great detail earlier in the thread.

Like most people who think Aliens are stupid, it seems to pretty much just come down to the sentry gun scene.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: SiL on May 16, 2008, 09:09:14 PM
Quote from: War Wager on May 16, 2008, 07:49:17 PM
This is covered in great detail earlier in the thread.

Like most people who think Aliens are stupid, it seems to pretty much just come down to the sentry gun scene.

what?! he thinks they're stupid!? is he blind?

SiL

SiL

No, he just doesn't care.

War Wager

War Wager

He doesn't at all.

Predators are smarter but it's been shown Alien's are smarter in certain situations. Predators are over confident and cocky and this is what allows the Aliens to change the situation to their advantage. Like the Celtic vs Grid fight; Grid launched acid at him to keep him occupied while it hid somewhere. It waited until he was right below it and then it struck from above. If Alien's are really not that smart, wouldn't they just keep attacking all the time?

The sentry gun scene in Aliens is probably what lowered them the most; a hoard of screaming space bugs charging in a mindless rage to their ultimate doom. Though when you think about that scene, it could have been a strategic move. There are obviously hundereds of Alien's and they could have known that the guns would run out of ammo eventually, they would have met with guns before.

Some people act like Aliens is the only movie in the franchise.  :P

SiL

SiL

I don't think it's any surprise that Aliens is Perry's favourite.

War Wager

War Wager

Ah, no doubt.

We need an author who like's Alien the best, I'd read that novel in a heartbeat.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Guys! Guys! Calm it down.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: War Wager on May 16, 2008, 10:58:35 PM
He doesn't at all.

Predators are smarter but it's been shown Alien's are smarter in certain situations. Predators are over confident and cocky and this is what allows the Aliens to change the situation to their advantage. Like the Celtic vs Grid fight; Grid launched acid at him to keep him occupied while it hid somewhere. It waited until he was right below it and then it struck from above. If Alien's are really not that smart, wouldn't they just keep attacking all the time?

The sentry gun scene in Aliens is probably what lowered them the most; a hoard of screaming space bugs charging in a mindless rage to their ultimate doom. Though when you think about that scene, it could have been a strategic move. There are obviously hundereds of Alien's and they could have known that the guns would run out of ammo eventually, they would have met with guns before.

Some people act like Aliens is the only movie in the franchise.  :P

I always thought that was a strategic move, they were sacraficing themselves to run down the bullets in the sentry guns.

steveperry

steveperry

I'm not out to convince anybody of the rightness of my path -- I'm just sayin' what I believe.  I never saw anything that convinced me the basic xenomorph drone had any more smarts than a German Shepherd. That's how I see it.

Go to a dog show and watch the critters run an agility course, or herd sheep. I didn't say the aliens were completely stupid, I said they weren't very intelligent, compared to people or Yautja. 

I've been over why I liked the second movie more than the first, for reasons both personal and professional, and I'm not telling anybody to change their own tastes, just that I have my own. Jumping up and down and calling me names isn't going to make me change my mind. It isn't a matter of whether I care or not, it's a matter of how I see it.

I don't mind if you disagree. Why should it bother you that I do?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed