Ask Steve Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 06, 2007, 09:22:14 PM

Author
Ask Steve Perry (Read 188,867 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Hey, Steve.
If you had the chance to write an A, P, or AVP film, would you take it? Would you talk to Fox?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: The Diesel on Apr 09, 2008, 01:26:12 AM
Hey Steve,

Has Stephanie written any other sci-fi books other than the Resident Evil series?  I frigging loved those books!  I have every one of them.  Just wondering.  Thanks.

Aliens and Star Trek off the top of my head.

SM

SM

I've had a quick Google and can't find anything by SD that isn't licensed.  Which, as far as I know, is rather unusual.

I remember Mike Stackpole once saying you have to have a body of original work behind you before license holders approach you to write for franchises.

Unless my searching skills are failing, SD doesn't appear to have any 'original' books.  ???

steveperry

steveperry

Danelle -- she prefers her middle name -- has written a bunch of stuff -- Resident Evil, Aliens, AvP, some Star Trek novels, and even a Xena Warrior princess, though the publishers screwed with that so she used a pseudonym, "Stella Howard." (The names of the dogs she had at the time ...)

Working on her own horror novel now, plus some more Trek stuff.

steveperry

steveperry

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 09, 2008, 02:30:47 AM
Hey, Steve.
If you had the chance to write an A, P, or AVP film, would you take it? Would you talk to Fox?

Sure, if they let me take a real shot at it. But I'm not holding my breath ...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: steveperry on Apr 08, 2008, 10:37:44 PM
Okay, a little philosophy behind my most recent Predator novel:

[long post]
So essentially, you agree that being lenient just because the originals were so good is bullcrap? Huh, maybe you should write the next AvP movie ...

nexus

nexus

Hey there again Mr Perry.

was just curious how you feel about the fact that Dachande has become somewhat a cult and very iconic character among us Pred fans.

did you ever imagine he'd be rememebred so well

and also was anyone/thing in particular an inspiration for him?

The Diesel

The Diesel

Quote from: steveperry on Apr 09, 2008, 06:24:12 AM
Danelle -- she prefers her middle name -- has written a bunch of stuff -- Resident Evil, Aliens, AvP, some Star Trek novels, and even a Xena Warrior princess, though the publishers screwed with that so she used a pseudonym, "Stella Howard." (The names of the dogs she had at the time ...)

Working on her own horror novel now, plus some more Trek stuff.
Thanks.  I'll make sure to refer to her as Danelle.  Let us know when the horror novel comes out.  I'd definitely like to check it out.

steveperry

steveperry

Quote from: nexus on Apr 09, 2008, 12:38:45 PM
Hey there again Mr Perry.

was just curious how you feel about the fact that Dachande has become somewhat a cult and very iconic character among us Pred fans.

did you ever imagine he'd be rememebred so well

and also was anyone/thing in particular an inspiration for him?

I didn't expect any of this would be remembered much past the original movies. When Mike Richardson asked me if I was interested in doing the first novelizations, I said sure, but I didn't have any idea how well the books would do. Some of them have gone back for twenty printings. Who knew?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

So I take it you don't have a real interest in doing anymore Alien related novelizations? 

Free concept if its approved by DH.  Figured some of the vets of the original adaptions would want to put their own fingerprints on the eu media.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Why do novelizations? Why not original novels?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Twas what I meant.

steveperry

steveperry

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2008, 10:38:07 AM
Why do novelizations? Why not original novels?

To begin with, that was the only option, novelizations of existing material -- that's was what DH had the license to do. It's only been relatively recently that a chance to do original material came up, and even then, Fox has to approve the idea. We sent DH five or six ideas for an original novel, and they liked two of them -- my daughter and i wound up blending those two into one for Turnabout. Originally, Sloane would have been tromping around in Idaho ...

My problem is not that I don't have fun playing in the A, P, or AvP universes, it's a matter of time. I usually have several projects going at once, and at the moment, I've got multiple books working -- a doorstop fantasy is just off to my agent; I'm wring an urban fantasy; and there is a space opera and a mystery novel I want to get to. Mike Richardson and I have written a horror movie script, and if we sell that, DH will do the movie tie-in novelization, and likely I'll write that.

fearless freak

fearless freak

Mr Perry

Been a fan of your work and Stephanie's for a few years now, will we ever find out what happens to Machiko or has it already been done

Thank you

Fearless Freak

SM

SM

QuoteMike Richardson and I have written a horror movie script

Well come on then - make wit the details.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed