Started by Darkness, Nov 04, 2006, 04:23:01 PM

Which would you rather see?

Alien 5
194 (38.4%)
Predator 3
311 (61.6%)

Total Members Voted: 437

Author
Alien 5 or Predator 3? (Read 162,157 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I think there's much more that can be done with the Aliens than the Predators.

Consider that Predators are based upon earth's own warrior and hunter cultures. They kind of make logical sense to us earthlings because of that, and therefore there's not a lot of exciting ground to cover.

With the Alien creature, it's not so much about the creature itself but interpreting it. Remember in the ALIEN series, the creature served as a dramatic tool to cause social dissonance amongst the characters, driving some kind of drama rather than just being some kind of beast to kill.

An ALIEN prequel can do a lot. I love the idea of a corporate spy thriller using Weyland-Yutani in particular. It could explain a bit about The Pilot, too, especially if Weyland-Yutani collected data about the race and, on specific purpose, juiced up the warning signal we see in the original ALIEN. That would imply that they were studying the Space Jockeys as a way to come closer to the mystery of this amazing bio-weapon. The movie could end with a character messing with the Jockey ship, boosting the signal.

SiL

SiL

Or we could not piss all over what little continuity the Alien series has left.

The Predator has much more room for expansion because it isn't tied down to an overarching plot. The Alien franchise, on the other hand, was. Sure, you could do post-Resurrection movies, but without Ripley around it feels like it's missing something.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eh...even post-Resurrection, there isn't much left. The Queen is dead (for the second time...), and the Hive is effectively gone for good this time. Unless they pull another Alien 3-move ans claim the Newborn (may its name be forever cursed) laid a f**king egg and it infected Call ::)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Aug 21, 2009, 11:36:06 AM
Or we could not piss all over what little continuity the Alien series has left.

The Predator has much more room for expansion because it isn't tied down to an overarching plot. The Alien franchise, on the other hand, was. Sure, you could do post-Resurrection movies, but without Ripley around it feels like it's missing something.

I disagree concerning Ripley and feel it's time the series had a new protagonist. The game Colonial Marines seems to be handling it well enough.

Besides, there's an ALIEN prequel in the works already, apparently.

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

Quote from: SiL on Aug 21, 2009, 11:36:06 AM
The Predator has much more room for expansion because it isn't tied down to an overarching plot. The Alien franchise, on the other hand, was.

That's a good point, SiL. I do agree.

CHAINS

CHAINS

alien 5 there still more to explore like the alien home world and the alien drop ship from the first movie!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Let's not touch the homeworld.

CHAINS

CHAINS

why not? its already been done for the predators! even if it was a little bit!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It should remain a mystery or non-existent.

Imagine if Aliens didn't actually have a homeworld, or it existed so long ago that the planet is now completely barren? What if the Aliens were so cancerous that they ultimately consumed all life on the planet and withered away?

Those are far more interesting possibilities.

CHAINS

CHAINS

I'm sure there are other people that would like to see it too! those are good those are good ideas. maybe they did consume their planet and moved on!

Tank

Tank

Definitly an Alien 5

tigerija

tigerija

Hm, there wont be predator 3 ? Its called Predators and I think it has nothing with Predator 1 and 2. It has seperate story. So it not sequel.

Anyway. When I read this...
...for Aliens vs. Predator 3 movie;
Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Thriller

I think it gonna be shit. They missed ROMANCE. Coz 2nd part had it. Anyway, I hate drama and fantasy genres here :( .

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Romance?

In MY ALIEN/Predator?

CHAINS

CHAINS

that kind of stuff doesn't happen in movies. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're right. We got inter-species erotica, which was even worse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed