Started by Darkness, Nov 04, 2006, 04:23:01 PM

Which would you rather see?

Alien 5
194 (38.4%)
Predator 3
311 (61.6%)

Total Members Voted: 437

Author
Alien 5 or Predator 3? (Read 152,934 times)

Chris P

Chris P

I keep thinking they will link P3, and ALien prequal to an AVP3 which will ultimately link all three franchises together. I don't know why, I just think it. It seems to be the direction FOX wants to go.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Chris, I wouldn't be surprised. Given that both AvP movies were rife with references to the previous films and that Fox has said is everything is canon in some way, it's not totally out there.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: Chris P on Jul 09, 2009, 12:30:40 AM
I keep thinking they will link P3, and ALien prequal to an AVP3 which will ultimately link all three franchises together. I don't know why, I just think it. It seems to be the direction FOX wants to go.

From fox's perspective, that's seems like a pretty good idea. Although, it's bad for us (A/P being part of same canon as AVP *gasp*), Fox could take after Marvel with the way that Marvel is putting references to other heroes in each standalone movie to prepare for the Avengers movie. It makes perfect commercial sense.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No it doesn't. In Marvel, everything, with the exception of spinoffs like Marvel Zombies, is officially tied together in one, large universe. Ghost Rider knows Spider-Man. Captain America knows the X-Men. Mr. Sinister knows of Galactus, and so on.

In Alien and Predator, the franchises are separate. Always have been, since day one. The only linkage is from AvP, in the sense that the two creatures are in the same movie together, nothing more. The links the films wanted to establish with homages and such are not only shaky, but do not make sense.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2009, 06:13:45 AM
In Alien and Predator, the franchises are separate. Always have been, since day one. The only linkage is from AvP, in the sense that the two creatures are in the same movie together, nothing more.

From "day one" the franchises were separate....but when AvP related media came out they were no longer.

I was only comparing the marketing tactic (which is what it would be) that Chris P put forward to what Marvel (as in Marvel films, I am not a huge comic book guy) is doing right now with the Avengers movie.

And it does make sense money-wise because Fox can then make movies while making excuses to make another movie. ($$$)

saeytan2

saeytan2

Predator3. The only thing that excites me about Alien5 is the prospect of Ridley Scott as director. Although I'm hoping we're all blown away by both new movies.. that would be a nice for a change.

redalert51

redalert51

Predator 3, no reboot , it deserves a proper sequel
Alien has had four in relativily short,between each film,
where as Predotor the last sequel was 1990 = 19 years ago 
I am sure a lot fans agree ........ :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Given the direction the 3rd film is taking, I'm not sure I want the gap closed...

saeytan2

saeytan2

Quote from: redalert51 on Aug 06, 2009, 02:14:11 AM
Predator 3, no reboot , it deserves a proper sequel
Alien has had four in relativily short,between each film,
where as Predotor the last sequel was 1990 = 19 years ago 
I am sure a lot fans agree ........ :-\

touche'

randy4321

randy4321

I prefer predators...lmao yeah right. Predator 3.

The Demon

The Demon

Agreed.

Baron_ov_LV426

Baron_ov_LV426

i really wanna see predator 3. but i gotta say alien 5 cuz.. well cmon Ridleys back. its bound to be great

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Unit-731 on Aug 13, 2009, 07:26:36 PM
i really wanna see predator 3. but i gotta say alien 5 cuz.. well cmon Ridleys back. its bound to be great
That is true but we dont know what he has to offer or if he lost taste =/ plus what could u do with alien5 that u cant with predator 3?

Baron_ov_LV426

Baron_ov_LV426

Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 13, 2009, 10:10:47 PM
That is true but we dont know what he has to offer or if he lost taste =/ plus what could u do with alien5 that u cant with predator 3?

i doubt hes lost taste. i mean have you seen American Gangster?
brilliant directing.

i think there are afew cool ideas left two be done with the Alien franchise. i dont think anything can be done after resurrection though
1. for the prequal they could describe how WY knew about the alien the whole time. i think they had to have had a previous encounter.
2. tell a little bit about the jockeys
3. tell the events of the take over of Hadleys Hope

and for predator three.. well whats really left to tell?
i thinks its really cool taht theyre taking it to the predator homeworld but they were always scary to me because the were solitary hunters. where do you think they could take it cuz i dont really see much direction?

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Unit-731 on Aug 14, 2009, 10:30:16 PM
Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 13, 2009, 10:10:47 PM

i doubt hes lost taste. i mean have you seen American Gangster?
brilliant directing.

i think there are afew cool ideas left two be done with the Alien franchise. i dont think anything can be done after resurrection though
1. for the prequal they could describe how WY knew about the alien the whole time. i think they had to have had a previous encounter.
2. tell a little bit about the jockeys
3. tell the events of the take over of Hadleys Hope

and for predator three.. well whats really left to tell?
i thinks its really cool taht theyre taking it to the predator homeworld but they were always scary to me because the were solitary hunters. where do you think they could take it cuz i dont really see much direction?

for the alien prequel...ehh i guess  u can do what u suggested but in terms of how well would the plot be? but for predators I think u can actually go in a number of ways, just probly have to stay true to the culture and race without screwing it up trying to make it like a horror\sci-fi flick (lets hope its not like that) because the script before made them out to be soooo weird?? it was strange to me. didnt rlly like it too much. I think there has to be a GOOD reason there on that homeworld, and not some bullshit NASA exploration gone wrong or something...something that makes perfect sense, maybe involving the predators? or seeking out game on planet earth (humans) taking a select few and being challenged to fight different things and different ranking predators while in the middle of all that plotting for escape or something..Kinda like planet of the apes lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed