Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 67,296 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Isolation expansion pack.

HuDaFuK

According to DeCandido, "it will be about 2/3 an adaptation of the game, 1/3 Ripley family backstory."

From his Twitter.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

That's cool.  Ellen Ripley obviously knew the crew of the Nostromo beforehand, so maybe we'll get to see them hanging out before their fateful journey..  of course some Ripley family intrigue will be a fun read...

All this retroactive novelization gives me hope we will get a good Prometheus novel with fully expanded background, along with Shew's journey to the Engineer homeworld.

Frosty Venom

Sounds like we'll get some scenes of young Amanda and motherly Ellen.

A story following David and Shaw post-Prometheus is NEEDED.

HuDaFuK

I hope DeCandido has remembered Ripley's husband's name was supposed to be Alex

And that Amanda's middle name is supposed to be Tei :P

Perfect-Organism

Yes, it would be great if they remembered details like that and validated the odd bits of existing lore..

I would love to see a last supper scene with the nostromo crew right after Ripley bids farewell to Amanda...

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 03, 2018, 12:00:04 PM
I hope DeCandido has remembered Ripley's husband's name was supposed to be Alex

And that Amanda's middle name is supposed to be Tei :P
Where are those details from? The supplemental crew manifest stuff from 'Alien'/'Aliens'?

Also did Isolation (the game) get those wrong?

Perfect-Organism

If It did, i don't want to know.. :)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 03, 2018, 03:34:58 PMWhere are those details from? The supplemental crew manifest stuff from 'Alien'/'Aliens'?

Her father's name is from Out of the Shadows. Tei comes from the novel adaption of Female War.

I don't recall either being contradicted by the game.

SM

Yes to the former.  The latter hasn't come up.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 03, 2018, 06:39:27 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 03, 2018, 03:34:58 PMWhere are those details from? The supplemental crew manifest stuff from 'Alien'/'Aliens'?

Her father's name is from Out of the Shadows. Tei comes from the novel adaption of Female War.

Easy handwave on the father's name being contradicted: first name + middle name.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 03, 2018, 06:39:27 PM

If I remember rightly didn't Female War also say she was a test tube baby and Ripley had no husband?

SM

Original Sin said Amanda was a journo, which has about the same amount of merit.

Corporal Hicks

That pesky EU.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know about the rest y'all but I picture test-tube human babies in Alien.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed