KiramidHead

Frank Castle got sober.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 12, 2018, 09:50:35 PM
Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jun 12, 2018, 09:47:11 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 07:49:16 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2018, 07:42:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Key and Jane's banter. They have a fun dynamic in the script.

Yeah, and the character Thomas Jane plays is a f**king nutty, grumpy, rough, borderline psychotic, most likely alcoholic, estranged black sheep Uncle. So he's basically playing himself  [emoji23]

They did have some great banter though. One issue I had though.. SPOILERS BELOW.

Spoiler
I just felt like once the Loonies start dying it's like none of them cared. I hope they make these guys feel more like a brotherhood. In the introduction scene of the Loonies they seem to have some history from their time in the looney bin but once they start biting it not one of them mentions anything. Nebraska's death in particular is so anticlimactic because he literally gets engulfed in flames in front of McKenna and he doesn't he even react to it.
[close]

Spot on about Thomas Jane, but did anyone else notice in the pic of the loonies in the hotel room, TJ is drinking tea? ( Whilst Trevante has a beer )
Oh yeah, spotted that within seconds...[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haha gives him the cranky old grandpa vibe

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jun 12, 2018, 09:53:03 PM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 12, 2018, 09:50:35 PM
Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jun 12, 2018, 09:47:11 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 07:49:16 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2018, 07:42:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Key and Jane's banter. They have a fun dynamic in the script.

Yeah, and the character Thomas Jane plays is a f**king nutty, grumpy, rough, borderline psychotic, most likely alcoholic, estranged black sheep Uncle. So he's basically playing himself  [emoji23]

They did have some great banter though. One issue I had though.. SPOILERS BELOW.

Spoiler
I just felt like once the Loonies start dying it's like none of them cared. I hope they make these guys feel more like a brotherhood. In the introduction scene of the Loonies they seem to have some history from their time in the looney bin but once they start biting it not one of them mentions anything. Nebraska's death in particular is so anticlimactic because he literally gets engulfed in flames in front of McKenna and he doesn't he even react to it.
[close]

Spot on about Thomas Jane, but did anyone else notice in the pic of the loonies in the hotel room, TJ is drinking tea? ( Whilst Trevante has a beer )
Oh yeah, spotted that within seconds...[emoji23]

Haha gives him the cranky old grandpa vibe
I love it! The lines from McKenna from the last tv-spot were really good IMO

MudButt

MudButt

I feel very good about how the Loonies will be portrayed in this movie. The cast he assembled is so talented. I'm glad he didn't go after A-List actors and went for more seasoned character actors or up and coming TV stars.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 10:54:06 PM
I feel very good about how the Loonies will be portrayed in this movie. The cast he assembled is so talented. I'm glad he didn't go after A-List actors and went for more seasoned character actors or up and coming TV stars.
Yeah while back before Boyd Holbrook, Sterling K. Brown,Thomas Jane and Trevante got casted was nothing about people crying about getting the biggest A-List of a cast, sorry, but I'm happy with this one

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 12, 2018, 11:32:18 PM
Yeah while back before Boyd Holbrook, Sterling K. Brown,Thomas Jane and Trevante got casted was nothing about people crying about getting the biggest A-List of a cast, sorry, but I'm happy with this one

To be fair, reports were put out there that Black was looking for some big stars to fill out the roles. And remember, Benicio was cast before he dropped out of the role. This led many to assume we were gonna be getting some big stars. However I am very happy with the cast we have. It's harder to imagine people like Matt Damon or The Rock become their characters when you only see the actor for stars of their level.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I've always wanted to see The Rock in a Predator movie.

"Semper Fi, motherf**ker!"

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 11:36:08 PM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 12, 2018, 11:32:18 PM

To be fair, reports were put out there that Black was looking for some big stars to fill out the roles. And remember, Benicio was cast before he dropped out of the role. This led many to assume we were gonna be getting some big stars. However I am very happy with the cast we have. It's harder to imagine people like Matt Damon or The Rock become their characters when you only see the actor for stars of their level.
Oh I remember, I aslo remember when James Franco was being rumored, Ben Affleck, (Tom Hardy was definitely being cast...smh), Del Toro had to back out due to his schedule, oh and let's not forget all the rumors of The Rock, like you I'm happy with the cast and I'm stoked for this movie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I really can't picture Benicio as McKenna based on how he's written in the draft. Holbrook really seems to be a good fit.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 13, 2018, 12:08:19 AM
I really can't picture Benicio as McKenna based on how he's written in the draft. Holbrook really seems to be a good fit.
Yeah after I read the leaked script I couldn't picture Del Toro as McKenna

PredBabe

PredBabe

Yeah I'm actually really excited about the casting as well. Seems like they're a fun crew and I already think this movie will be better than Predators because of the actors involved (as well as the risky writing). The loonies idea seems fun and unique. Thomas Jane I'm looking forward to the most but I'm loving Holbrook's lines and presence in the trailers, I feel like they made a great decision with him as the lead.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 13, 2018, 12:15:43 AM
Yeah I'm actually really excited about the casting as well. Seems like they're a fun crew and I already think this movie will be better than Predators because of the actors involved (as well as the risky writing). The loonies idea seems fun and unique. Thomas Jane I'm looking forward to the most but I'm loving Holbrook's lines and presence in the trailers, I feel like they made a great decision with him as the lead.
I almost wonder if that script was leaked on purpose at times to piss off some of the die-hard Predator fans

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 13, 2018, 12:18:45 AM
I almost wonder if that script was leaked on purpose at times to piss off some of the die-hard Predator fans

Yeah, because generating negative buzz about your movie is always a good idea.

Reynolds leaked the script and test footage of Deadpool to embarass Fox into action and to get a grass roots hype machine going. It worked big time.

I see no gain in trying "to piss off some of the die-hard Predator fans." That's your core audience. The long time fans who spend money on Predator merch, see the movie five times, and buy the dvd, blu-ray, streaming edition, the digital deluxe supreme ultra edition, the figures, hats, t-shirts.

So no, I doubt that. Leaked intentionally to get some feelers from their audience? Sure, that happens, but they wouldn't do it just to piss off their audience. You know why? Also it wasn't a widespread leak. It's only been a small group of people who have read it at this point.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Honestly, considering how long it took for me to get my hands on the script (and I'm somewhat connected), I doubt it was on purpose or it would have gotten out faster.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2018, 12:27:18 AM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 13, 2018, 12:18:45 AM

Yeah, because generating negative buzz about your movie is always a good idea.

Reynolds leaked the script and test footage of Deadpool to embarass Fox into action and to get a grass roots hype machine going. It worked big time.

I see no gain in trying "to piss off some of the die-hard Predator fans." That's your core audience. The long time fans who spend money on Predator merch, see the movie five times, and buy the dvd, blu-ray, streaming edition, the digital deluxe supreme ultra edition, the figures, hats, t-shirts.

So no, I doubt that. Leaked intentionally to get some feelers from their audience? Sure, that happens, but they wouldn't do it just to piss off their audience. You know why? Also it wasn't a widespread leak. It's only been a small group of people who have read it at this point.

But to be honest, I see Shane being a smartass once in awhile on Twitter towards people making comments about the movie and franchise.
I was told by someone involved in the movie that we haven't see nothing yet and that was right after the first trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed