Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 109,248 times)

TheBATMAN

Didn't think this was out yet but just found it today in Waterstones. Flicking through at least two stories feature the marines from Aliens and another appears to be about the origins of Bishop.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 09, 2017, 05:34:11 AM
I've got the Queen miniature, I still need to assemble and paint it.

I had that! I was a pretty amateur painter back then, so I just base-coated it in black and then drybrushed it with light blue and it looked awesome with even that little effort.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 09, 2017, 10:02:54 AM
Didn't think this was out yet but just found it today in Waterstones. Flicking through at least two stories feature the marines from Aliens and another appears to be about the origins of Bishop.

They must have put it out really early. Which Waterstones?

TheBATMAN

Carlisle.

Ultramorph

Any Arcturians?

TheBATMAN

Don't think so. Though I've always believed Arcturians were just a reference to human colonists living there. Having sentient humanoid aliens (aside from engineers) doesn't seem a correct fit for this universe in my eyes.

There is a story about Hicks. One about the whole platoon before Gorman took over, and another with just Frost and Dietritch. There's one about the origins of Bishop and another about the origins of the pulse rifle. Tim Lebbon's story features Halley and her squad from The Rage War.

Ultramorph

Cool. Can't wait to get my copy.

TheDerelict

Hey all,
i bought a copy of Aliens Bug Hunt yesterday at Waterstones in Essex. Saw in another store today, both paperbacks not hard covers. And i have to say that its not a bad looking book, the online image of the front cover i didn't think looked great but now its in my hands i don't think its that bad. Nice colour to it also.

Engineer

Geez! Isn't it a little early for the release?! I thought it was supposed to come out on the 18th!?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 09, 2017, 04:47:05 PMThough I've always believed Arcturians were just a reference to human colonists living there. Having sentient humanoid aliens (aside from engineers) doesn't seem a correct fit for this universe in my eyes.

At least one of the recent books basically spelt out that they are aliens.

TheBATMAN

Yes this is one aspect of the EU i' m not a fan of. To me Alien always personified space as a dark, empty void. I think it works better that way.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 09, 2017, 06:13:47 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 09, 2017, 04:47:05 PMThough I've always believed Arcturians were just a reference to human colonists living there. Having sentient humanoid aliens (aside from engineers) doesn't seem a correct fit for this universe in my eyes.

At least one of the recent books basically spelt out that they are aliens.

They could be another seeded race that the Engineers made in the Arcturus system, which could explain the humanoid look.

Mr. Clemens

Whatever the explanation, it makes things feel kinda 'Star Trek'.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 09, 2017, 09:36:59 PM

Spoiler
Mr. Clemens, drink your Arcturian coffee you unpredictable space doctor!
[close]

You mentioning the Star Trek feel, it reminds me of these guys who are basically Star Trek's very own Engineers - http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_humanoid

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 09, 2017, 09:47:08 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 09, 2017, 09:36:59 PM

Spoiler
Mr. Clemens, drink your Arcturian coffee you unpredictable space doctor!
[close]

You mentioning the Star Trek feel, it reminds me of these guys who are basically Star Trek's very own Engineers - http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_humanoid

Ah, I remember those guys. Good episode.

I should say that I do like Star Trek, but I feel that it and Alien should stay far away from each other. Anybody remember that Season 1 TNG 'Alien' rip-off episode? Yikes...  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed