The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,512 times)

doomtrain

doomtrain

you can see the spores in the holograpic recordings that David activates in the tunnels ........ even the decapitated engineer is clutching his throat as he drops .

not a complete turn around AT ALL ..... pretty awesome continuity actually 😊😊😊

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 24, 2016, 08:45:32 PM
This got me thinking - If these spores are breathed-in, then that could play into the Pilot suit with it's elephantine, respirator-tube.

Good observation... Though I'd still prefer it if there were real Space Jockeys and the Engineers were just shown to be emulating their physiology. That creature on the derelict still clearly has teeth and a tongue.

If they're clever, the story might even reference the famous reports of strange masked beings spraying some kind of a mysterious gas around, shortly before the Black Death hit civilisation. Those always intrigued me and would fit right in with the Engineers' alleged MO of upgrading our species' genes by force, every now and then.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I kind of like the whole Alien Isolation & Aliens Defiance timeline. Some nice stories can come out of all that. But better I continue that on another topic & thread.

The whole Prometheus-Covenant to Alien storyline should be great too, I love the current position and direction we are heading into now.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 25, 2016, 01:23:35 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 24, 2016, 08:45:32 PM
This got me thinking - If these spores are breathed-in, then that could play into the Pilot suit with it's elephantine, respirator-tube.

Good observation... Though I'd still prefer it if there were real Space Jockeys and the Engineers were just shown to be emulating their physiology. That creature on the derelict still clearly has teeth and a tongue.

If they're clever, the story might even reference the famous reports of strange masked beings spraying some kind of a mysterious gas around, shortly before the Black Death hit civilisation. Those always intrigued me and would fit right in with the Engineers' alleged MO of upgrading our species' genes by force, every now and then.

This got me thinking too :).

Could it be that the engineer head they brought back exploded because it had already been exposed to spores right before he fell and the door collapsed on him? Maybe they were running from a spore outbreak? That would explain why he just collapsed as if nothing touched hm. The head didn't blow up in the tomb because it was dead, but when they revive it...kaboom?

I'm tellig you guys, I really think Covenant will explain a lot of misunderstood sh!t that happened in Prometheus...

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Please please look like this! I really need to see this design on-screen.
Spoiler
[close]
If not that, then hopefully something like this-
Spoiler
[close]
*spoiler tags just so I don't clutter up the page*

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: i work in film on Oct 24, 2016, 10:43:05 PM
I'd like to state for the record this is absolutely not true.

What isn't true?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Spores?!?

Ahh Christ.  Just use facehuggers.

Don't f**k this up Ridley!

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Oct 25, 2016, 01:45:23 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

SPORES... Like this? Or like tiny air-born things they cant see? For instance like the tiny bug-like stuff that flies out of the Engineer in the beginning of Jon Spaihts ENGINEERS script?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well it's either spores of scarabs... it would explain all of that flying shit in the recordings.

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 25, 2016, 03:06:14 AM
SPORES... Like this? Or like tiny air-born things they cant see? For instance like the tiny bug-like stuff that flies out of the Engineer in the beginning of Jon Spaihts ENGINEERS script?

I'd prefer that but I think the sack explodes, thus releasing the spores.

At the moment the idea of albino aliens seems kind of oh-hum. No offense to anyone's tastes but that beluga-morph thing is boring. I mean I'm ok with it, if Big Chap murders the things but I want something more. Although this does leave us with 4 types of aliens.... meaning the possibilities are endless.

Space Invader

Space Invader

Let's hope they don't do a Xenomorph vs Neomorph battle in the end, with the Neomorph ripping Xenomorph's head off  :P

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Super Predator on Oct 25, 2016, 03:59:40 AM
Let's hope they don't do a Xenomorph vs Neomorph battle in the end, with the Neomorph ripping Xenomorph's head off  :P
Oh god I hope not. I mean I'm fine with doing a Spaihts draft where instead of humans the Alien murders the neomorph without more than a second thought but a final battle of Alien vs Neo... oh f**k no man. This is Jurassic Park III and Independence Day Resurrection all over again.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 09:04:04 PM
There is no way in any presentation that you can make the xeno scary in this form at this moment,
we all have seen it way to much, it isnt a mystery anymore nor is he undefined anymore,
the AVP movies have a part in that and Alien:R and Aliens also a little, i loved Aliens but it took away every aspect of horror away from the creature/thing.
Yeah, that's all bullshit. Familiarity with the look or actions isn't what makes a thing scary. People use that as an excuse to be f**king lazy with their storytelling, or justify bullshit new creatures to keep things "fresh".

Anything can be scary if handled competently.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Exactly what SiL said.

Ridley was even a victim of that kind of thinking for a period of time. Ridley!

Nostromo

Nostromo

Yes totally agree. If a director or writer is too lazy or dumb to make it scary than they should go somewhere else, or go write some lost story.

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Oct 25, 2016, 01:45:23 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
What the fk is that first one lol. 2nd is better. I think this is getting out of hand all these mutants. I hope they can just stay with the original or beluga or deacon designs, 3 is enough or a whole army of mutants is better? Man some hardcore fans are going to break their monitors soon lol.

If I see scarabs n spores n shit flying around or if they take up more than 5 mins of the movie...someone's going to pay lol. Or some poor thing.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2016, 04:38:12 AM
Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 09:04:04 PM
There is no way in any presentation that you can make the xeno scary in this form at this moment,
we all have seen it way to much, it isnt a mystery anymore nor is he undefined anymore,
the AVP movies have a part in that and Alien:R and Aliens also a little, i loved Aliens but it took away every aspect of horror away from the creature/thing.
Yeah, that's all bullshit. Familiarity with the look or actions isn't what makes a thing scary. People use that as an excuse to be f**king lazy with their storytelling, or justify bullshit new creatures to keep things "fresh".

Anything can be scary if handled competently.

Familiarity with sharks doesn't stop 'Jaws' from being scary.  Spielberg made a masterful thriller by tapping into peoples' fears with that one.  Kept people off the beaches, too, for that matter.  Mind you, since then, most movies featuring sharks lack the power of that Classic.  Mind you, that's not due to familiarity, that's got a lot more to do with the power of the content not being understood. 

If anything, it's familiarity with the Alien that made 'ALIEN: Isolation' the edgy game it was.  Being versed in all the lore surrounding the game sure aided in appreciating it's goals.

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

That's the example I go to. The fact most shark movies haven't been scary since is pretty directly related to the fact that most aren't good to begin with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed