Need to be caught up?

Started by Nukiemorph, Sep 09, 2018, 12:22:59 AM

Author
Need to be caught up? (Read 7,851 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

My fiancĂ© has only seen the first film.  For those who have seen it, should I cram the other four movies down her throat before seeing this?  I heard about the reference to AVP, but it sounds incredibly minor.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: necrotard on Sep 09, 2018, 12:22:59 AM
My fiancĂ© has only seen the first film.  For those who have seen it, should I cram the other four movies down her throat before seeing this?  I heard about the reference to AVP, but it sounds incredibly minor.

I wouldn't recommend it. That could lead to burnout, and turn everything "predators" into a negative experience hence forth. See the new one with her (if she wants to go) and have a good time together. She can decide for herself if she wants to see any of the others. I definitely wouldn't force anyone to watch the AVP films. That's grounds for divorce in some places.  ;)

SiL

SiL

Not terribly spoilery but addresses the AvP reference:

Spoiler
The AvP reference is just Lex's Alien tail spear, so it's not a major point. There are some references to P2 and none to Predators, and nothing that would require watching those films to comprehend.
[close]

goose_3387

goose_3387

Yes. She needs to experience Wolf in all his glory.

SiL

SiL

"This is what it looks like when someone with no fighting experience breaks into a special ed kindergarten to prove how strong he is."

Master

Master

Watch P2 with her. Very good film. Lots of fun.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The first film should be enough.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: goose_3387 on Sep 09, 2018, 06:54:21 AM

Somehow I doubt a woman is going to care about the worst predator in the worst predator movie. She doesn't need to watch any other movie since this movie stands alone just like every other sequel.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Yeah, I'd say P1 will suffice just fine, and if she likes the new movie she'll have the others to watch if she wants!

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 09, 2018, 02:42:10 PM

Somehow I doubt a woman is going to care about the worst predator in the worst predator movie. She doesn't need to watch any other movie since this movie stands alone just like every other sequel.

I know you didn't mean it this way, but I'm in a predator discord server with mostly female members and I wouldn't say for a second that women don't care about Wolf...  ;)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 09, 2018, 02:42:10 PM

Oh, we care  ;) We do care. Just as I'm sure plenty of guys here care too. Wolf does have a following here from what I've read.

I propose a date night in and marathon the Predator films sans AVP if you can. Snacks and tea throughout. Get takeout to help power through. Add coffee as a stimulant when you're running low on steam. I have plenty of ideas if you're short on them  :laugh:

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

ok, let me rephrase that, "a non-predator fan girl who has only seen the first one shouldn't waste her time watching the other movies since they aren't that good and offer no insight into what's going on in this movie. Especially AVPR, which will most likely taint any desire to see The Predator in theaters."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed