Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Author
Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator! (Read 43,015 times)

SuicideDoors

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 05, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
"While Holbrook does not have the star power Del Toro has, Fox is planning on beefing up the supporting cast."

Ahh yes, remember that statement when Holbrook was cast? If Trevante Who and Olivia What is their idea of a beefed up supporting cast, we're in trouble. I don't doubt that any of these people are talented, Trevante was terrific in Moonlight, but this is a bad portent.

Ben Affleck, Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Tom Hardy, Mark Ruffalo...to Boyd and Trevante. Wonderful! I mean at least we're getting cast news, I guess? Couldn't even get Michael B. Jordan?

Boyd Holbrook could be household by the time The Predator comes out. Early buzz around Logan suggests it could be Deadpool kinds of big, and maybe even worth a shout in the awards circuit (according to Ryan Reynolds).

Yeah I was Trevante who? But then I saw he was in Moonlight and that's on every top 10 end of year list I see.

Plus you've got Shane Black. 'Nuff said about that fella. I personally don't think Predator is big box office material. I'd like to see it, but even with Bradley Cooper I just think it's so unlikely to crack $100million domestic.

However, it's assembling such a talented under the radar cast & crew it's got potential classic written all over it at this point. I feel Alien Covenant is gonna be a behemoth, but The Predator stands maybe a better chance of being a better film.

BishopShouldGo

Oh Predator would absolutely do gangbusters with Bradley Cooper. American Sniper numbers minimum.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 05, 2017, 11:36:15 PM
Oh Predator would absolutely do gangbusters with Bradley Cooper. American Sniper numbers minimum.

I enjoy your posts, I find you quite refreshing. But no f**king way is a Predator film ever going to do American Sniper numbers. You surely don't believe that? I mean Jennifer Lawrence is a bigger pull than the Predator will ever be and their last film Joy didn't break $60mill. I know box office figures and I've followed them for 11 years. I think only Matt Damon or Tom Cruise could elevate The Predator commercially.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Joy wasn't a franchise. Granted, Predator is no Iron Man but paired with a hot leading actor it can do amazingly. Look at Deadpool's numbers. I don't think Predator can get quite that high but it can be a similar R rated Fox success.

I always cite Deadpool and World War Z when bringing up this movie's box office and I hope people don't misinterpret what I'm saying. This isn't a zombie movie or a PG13, etc but works in that same parameter. A correct Predator movie can do in between those movies' numbers.

predator elite

He's the best friend? Yeah he's f**king dead lol

BishopShouldGo

I can't wait for people to start speculating that this is Dillon's son, because everything has to be connected of course.

ace3g

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 06, 2017, 01:27:30 AM
I can't wait for people to start speculating that this is Dillon's son, because everything has to be connected of course.

This must mean Holbrook is Dutch's son...

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 05, 2017, 08:45:36 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 05, 2017, 08:39:39 PM

Did they cut the casting budget on this? Who is this guy? Again I'm sure he's talented, but is he going to put the asses in the seat?

Well, to be fair the main attraction is the Predator so they've already got my ticket.

Well part of the fun of watching a genre movie like this is watching a big star going engaging with that material. Someone who doesn't NEED the movie, but does the movie because they like the filmmaker or material. Arnold didn't NEED Predator, he already had Conan, Terminator and Commando, thus it was fun.

Ben Affleck didn't NEED Batman v. Superman, and despite that movie's quality, that's why it was so fun to watch him.

It was fun watching all the actors from Predator as a special forces team. Each one had their own particular characteristic that made them standout. Even Predator 2 and Predators did this. Though Predators pretty much felt like a remake at times.

Hopefully Shane Black will take note of this and apply it to the movie. I mean he did some writing on the first film didn't he?

OpenMaw

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 06, 2017, 06:03:07 AM
Hopefully Shane Black will take note of this and apply it to the movie. I mean he did some writing on the first film didn't he?

"I did nothing to the script."

BishopShouldGo

It's hard to deduce what he did exactly. Arnold said Shane came up with some lines, but Shane says he refused to work on the script because he wanted to act and didn't think the script needed any help.

Maybe Shane thinks writing some lines still constitutes as nothing.

Corporal Hicks

The joke maybe his. That's not in the script. Hawkin's doesn't say a whole load in the script.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 06, 2017, 01:27:30 AM

That means that  Rhodes must be Dillon's son....

Stealth_Hunter

QuoteBoyd Holbrook could be household by the time The Predator comes out. Early buzz around Logan suggests it could be Deadpool kinds of big, and maybe even worth a shout in the awards circuit (according to Ryan Reynolds).

Yeah I was Trevante who? But then I saw he was in Moonlight and that's on every top 10 end of year list I see.
I agree, by the time 2018 rolls around a lot can change in the name recognition. I didn't even know who Oscar Isaac was until the end of 2015 and then he blew up. Same thing with Adam Driver.

Not only is Moonlight getting recognized as one of the best films of the year but Rhodes is also being praised for his performance. Although I haven't seen the movie  yet there's a chance he'd get nominated for an Oscar.

No

Thought shane deebunked the burbs plot. Yet it is in your headline

Infected

Suburbs never seen? AVP:R, Predator 2.......

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed