How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 65,469 times)

Alienseseses

Good stuff, good stuff...

Colin, do you know when the IGN Q/A session will be done? I sent a few questions.

Also, you said the film looks the way you want now.  Less cartoony? How would you describe it compared to what we've seen?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:48:21 AM
Who said we didn't have cocooning?

No-one. Indeed, I'm expecting it, what with Kelly and co finding the National Guard all sorta' vanished and such.

The question is, are they being held for the Predalien to 'go oral' on them or to physically change into egg-like things, just as Brett already had and Dallas was slowly becoming? :)

SM

SM

QuoteAnd it's damn obvious that a lot more than mere cocooning happened with Brett, wouldn't you say?

Exactly.

The 'beginning' is Dallas starting to turn into an egg and the 'end' is what Brett has become.  If the PredAlien barfed onto someone to start the morphing process - I could live with it.

But not this while thing that makes huggers redundant.

QuoteI agree, Alien fans seem to want the book shut on there own creature for some reason. Then bang, there goes any further alien movies....

Let us know when you have anything relevant to add that doesn't involve slating Alien fans as whole, hmm?

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:51:06 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:47:55 AM
There are many facehuggers.

Clever way of avoiding my statement...

I think it was in response to what i said.

kcirtap33

i was under the impression that the predalien was a totally different species,and therefore on its own,so to speak.

echobbase79

I'm thinking the mandiables on the Predalien Queen snatch on to the person's head like a facehugger. Then it slowly feeds not one but maybe more bursters inside them. Maybe that explains the nest of bursters from the trailer?

Just a guess!

SM

SM

At this point anything is up for grabs.

Sadly.  :(

Gates

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:55:58 AM
The question is, are they being held for the Predalien to 'go oral' on them or to physically change into egg-like things, just as Brett already had and Dallas was slowly becoming? :)

He's avoiding this question...

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 01:58:08 AM
The 'beginning' is Dallas starting to turn into an egg and the 'end' is what Brett has become.  If the PredAlien barfed onto someone to start the morphing process - I could live with it.

Exactly...

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:58:39 AM
I think it was in response to what i said.

Precisely...so we can jump for joy at the thought of more facehuggers as oppose to answering Xenomorphine's question... :)

Colin_Strause

How about I charge you 13 bucks and then I'll answer any question you have.  ;)

Anomaly

Anomaly

The issue i think is if youre criticizing a films ideas, you cant have far out there ideas that youve added to the canon yourself. So in that respect I dont know if i can blame the strauses too much.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 01:58:08 AM
Exactly.

The 'beginning' is Dallas starting to turn into an egg and the 'end' is what Brett has become.  If the PredAlien barfed onto someone to start the morphing process - I could live with it.

The same here. If the directors truly do want to keep everything within canon, like they've been almost constantly quoted as saying - and especially if they consider the extended editions of previous films as canon, then they need to take that famous scene into consideration.

It doesn't matter how it happens, so long as it's not contradicted.

If they weren't quoted so much about wanting to keep stuff canon, stuff like this wouldn't keep stirring up hornet nests of opinions.

kcirtap33

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 02:03:14 AM

:D

echobbase79

echobbase79

So Colin we really don't know shit until our asses are in the seat?  :P

Ballzanya

So apparently with no eggs and the confirmation that "there are many facehuggers", this means some take off on the egg morphing thing or some unintended perversion of it at least. I think that means our fears of the predalien vomiting chestburster embryos are over at least. We know the predalien doesn't finish molting into a queen.(cringe.  :-[) and that there are supposedly no eggs in the film. The facehuggers have got to come from somewhere, so unless there are more cannisters on the predator ship, we've got some re-invented egg-morphing here. I don't know why Colin couldn't have just said that in the gigantic thread about the new reproduction method, it would have saved everyone a shitload of trouble and headaches as well. lol.

Alienseseses

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 02:03:14 AM
D'oh!

Sorry. I happen to be an aspiring film maker, and these things interest me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed