Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,742 times)

Wweyland

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 01, 2022, 07:30:04 AMIf they had cut out all of the humans-related bullshit and focused entirely on Wolf dealing with the Aliens problem AvPR could've been so much more enjoyable  to watch
I completely agree, but they would have to expand his role then. A longer prologue on Yautja Prime where he ponders on his dead wife? And an alternate ending where he actually survives (like the PSP game ending)? And if you remove the darkness problem, you would have a classic already.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 31, 2022, 07:46:45 AMbtw

AvPR > Prometheus

AvPR > The Predator 2018

Objectively - no, to both of those. Non-objectively, also no to both of those.  :laugh:

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 01, 2022, 06:58:47 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 31, 2022, 07:33:24 PMI liked the Wolf scenes of AVPR, his performance, and the fact that much of the movie was from his perspective.

Also liked his heat vision a lot. It was more advanced and clear then the other movies.

Also the moment where he touched the head of the deceased Predator and showed some respectful mourning was nice.
The crashed ship scene for one is unironically great and Ian Whyte's performance there is incredible

But more in line with the intent of this thread - I 100% agree there. Ian Whyte was simply fantastic in this film. Thought on how competent Wolf actually is aside, there are some great moments of character for him like this one.

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 01, 2022, 07:30:04 AMIf they had cut out all of the humans-related bullshit and focused entirely on Wolf dealing with the Aliens problem AvPR could've been so much more enjoyable  to watch

I'm hoping they'll be brave enough to try something like this in this world of lower budget streaming releases. Just give me a fantastic animated film that is just the creatures (I'll accept human voice-overs like #0 of AvP) and let's see how it goes!

SiL

1 Million Years BC but with Aliens and Predators.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2022, 08:59:09 AMObjectively - no, to both of those. Non-objectively, also no to both of those.  :laugh:
no such thing as objectivity in art says me

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 09:26:37 AM1 Million Years BC but with Aliens and Predators.
also accurate

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 01, 2022, 12:44:00 PMno such thing as objectivity in art says me

There's technicalities of film-making that I would say you can consider objective.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2022, 01:05:40 PMThere's technicalities of film-making that I would say you can consider objective.
depends

the very fact there are people who like AvPR (and aren't idiots) is interesting, perhaps the thing is not as stinky as I see it. There are things that people like in it

Last time I watched it was around 2014 and don't feel the need to do so again unless we do a podcast on it (this year is the 15th, after all)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 01, 2022, 01:14:27 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2022, 01:05:40 PMThere's technicalities of film-making that I would say you can consider objective.
depends

the very fact there are people who like AvPR (and aren't idiots) is interesting, perhaps the thing is not as stinky as I see it. There are things that people like in it

Last time I watched it was around 2014 and don't feel the need to do so again unless we do a podcast on it (this year is the 15th, after all)

"There's no accounting for taste." But that's an entirely different argument and probably not one we should have in this thread. 

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2022, 01:17:30 PM"There's no accounting for taste." But that's an entirely different argument and probably not one we should have in this thread. 
You can't stop me corporal

Corporal Hicks

*glances at all his admin & moderating controls*

Anyway! Back on topic folk :)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Loved Butch's performance.  Had me interested in his character from the get.  Even though his fate is unknown, I'm sure he ran out of the sewers and into the woods.  Good boy, Butch!

BlueMarsalis79

I definitely think Spike's the best boy in both franchises so far, but Coco's about to steal that crown soon!

Kradan

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 03, 2022, 02:27:21 PMLoved Butch's performance.  Had me interested in his character from the get.  Even though his fate is unknown, I'm sure he ran out of the sewers and into the woods.  Good boy, Butch!

Oh yeah, remember how he carried that hand ? That was Oscar-worthy performance, so believable

Master Chief

No human character could pull off carrying a severed arm in their mouth like Butch did.

judge death

Oh wait?! Yeah we had a dog in AVPR, why in hell didnt they movie makers use that to add the alien runner into the movie? We could had the predalien, warriors and 1 runner running around, we have ADI afterall involved. Thats a golden oppurtonity gone :O

Kradan

Budgetary restrictions, that's why

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed