Alien Covenant: The Evanus Edit

Started by Evanus, Dec 12, 2017, 06:48:19 PM

Author
Alien Covenant: The Evanus Edit (Read 58,316 times)

MattFiler

MattFiler

I still find it odd that "Advent" wasn't post-credits in the theatrical release. It's such a good short and the explanation behind David's killing of Shaw and her re-purposing adds so much to the original plot. The fact he's sending all this to W-Y would also be a nice move into Blomkamp's Alien 5...

The Old One

The Old One

I re-watched this, and I think it's perfect. Aside from a couple minor nitpicks.

1. The shots from the Meet Walter Viral in the opening are distracting, especially for those who know their origin.
And I personally feel it doesn't really add anything, in fact it makes it feel as David's literally just been put together as opposed to activated,
which I didn't like.

2. Paradise Lost's a superior title.  ;D

Evanus

Evanus

Good points. :P  Glad you enjoyed it!

Kuremi

Kuremi

@Evanus Hi, amazing work with your edit. Do you have subtitles for your version?

[cancerblack]

Did everyone else have to make an account with Mega to get this? It got to 10GB then said I was out of HTML5 offline storage space (and being win10/chrome the settings options are an unusable mess) and that I needed to create an account and download the app to actually get the file. Curious if the rest of you had the same problem or not.

Also Evanus, have you considered uploading this to torrent sites? Include all the disclaimers etc but it's a really good idea IMO.

The Old One

The Old One

I didn't,
and you're free to host the version I requested Evanus.

Evanus

Evanus

Hmm, I don't think you need an account..

But ye I haven't uploaded it to any torrent sites, maybe that's a good idea  :o

[cancerblack]

I think it's an issue with Mega and my ISP, i kept having to take arbitrary breaks of arbitrary lengths between downloading bits of it too.

If you do add it to a torrent site give us a heads up please, i'd really like to watch the edit but Mega is just giving me a headache at present.

MattN777

MattN777

Please I'm very desperate for a link I really want to see this ASAP

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's definitely worth seeing.

whiskybar123

Evanus

Evanus

Yeah that's the correct link, updated the original post.  :)

Whiskeybrewer

It Lives!!!!!!!!

The Old One

The Old One

I'm glad to see it.

ModMonkey

ModMonkey

Just had a chance to watch this edit and, I have to say, it's pretty much the superior way to enjoy this film. I only had two quibbles with the edit, one of which was how the flashback edited into the scene between Walter and David and the removal of the song from the shower scene. The latter is the one that I have issue with as the Walter and David scene where the flashback was added in was a great place to put it but probably a difficult one as it interrupts an existing scene not designed for it so that's a best with what we got kind of thing, but the song in the shower serves a narrative purpose. The water in conjunction with the music (and the sexy times, let's be honest) is the reason Ricks and Upworth don't hear the warning call from Mother. It's removal was jarring to me and because it is a piece of diagetic music, not just a silly song thrown in to promote an artist on a label supported by the studio, it felt like a wrong choice.

Aside from the one music quibble this is a masterful fan edit and thank you for doing this work. As I said previously, this will be my chosen way to watch the movie for the forseeable future.

Cheers!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed