Gears of War Movie

Started by Anonymous684, Aug 22, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Author
Gears of War Movie (Read 8,003 times)

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

well, the treatment was reviewed on a website a while back, and it had all of the trademark weapons, the lancer is used in the very first battle that opens the film, the battle of Aspho fields, 14 years before the events of the game.

Gates

Gates

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

What wrong if the movie will be like 300. 300 is a great movie!

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Oct 12, 2007, 12:41:37 AM
What wrong if the movie will be like 300. 300 is a great movie!

There's nothing wrong with it...'a given' means expected as in I figured that's the way they would approach a Gears of War film... :)

...and 300 is a good movie, not great...ground breaking visuals, absolutely; great acting, not so much...but it's definitely a good and entertaining movie, I liked it...it's what my friends and I affectionally call, a co<k and balls movie... ;D

Cellien

Cellien

It's interesting how a movie like this is strictly digital now.  I think there's a place for both digital and traditional effects work (Transformers is proof of that).  I'm sure it will look amazing..

avpmad!

avpmad!

shouldnt be that hard to make a movie out of it coz it should be just like the game...

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

"I figured that's the way they would approach a Gears of War film..."

I've always said that, especially after I heard the Halo movie was halted due to budgetary issues, and with the given that the Gears movie would likely be rated R, no studio would want to risk a lot of money.

Doing it 300 style really saves a crap load of money, meaning a hardcore R rated GOW film would be less of a financial risk for New Line, meaning it could get made with more freedom.

Plus the green screen effect will only help the film achieve the games style that much more, doing all of that with production design on sets would cost too much.

and again, it would save a load of money, 300 cost $65 million, whereas films of the same style cost much much more, done in the traditional location and set form, Troy-$17 million, Gladiator-$103 million, Kingdom of Heaven-$125 million, and Alexander-$150 million.

And 300 was made for literally a fraction of the cost of those films, and most of that is due to the style in which it was done, which boads well for the GOW movie.

I am confidant that Beattie will adapt the games plot very faithfully, while incorporating a lot of background information and set up that wasn't in the game, and it seems that the films style and look will easily match the game's, now all we need is a good director, and with a budget of I think $80-100 milion tops, this film could be pulled off very well.

I'm just glad it seems to be moving forward, as opposed to the Halo film, Gears might very well be the first great video game adaption, fingers crossed.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a March release that ends in huge success, much like 300.

Cellien

Cellien

Good post Jekyll.  :)

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

thanks

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

they better not pull and avp 04 on us.. I am excited for this movie!!! wonder whom is gonna play who here is my list of people.

Marcus Fenix- christian bale
excellent actor but is a little small for the roll.

Cole "the pain train"- Mighty Rasta or Ving Rhames
(hes also the VO for cole as well)

Baird- Bill Paxton

Dom-John Leguizamo or mario Lopez
John would need to get ripped but mario is already cut out enough for it.

Hoffman- Patrick stewert

Anya-Famke Janssen

General Raam- Ian Whyte

Kim- Jet li

Carmine- James Marsden

Vemados

Vemados

Can I get a link to the script review?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah, that's so long to wait!  Ah well, some sweet movies coming out between now and then.  :)

nexus

nexus

GOTTA BE JACKMAN FOR MARCUS

Keep Rockin

They are close to signing a director, I hope they don't puss out and try to make it PG-13

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43486

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed