Does the Predalien have acid blood?

Started by yellow snow predator, Jan 01, 2008, 12:47:56 AM

Author
Does the Predalien have acid blood? (Read 25,116 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

at present, it seems as if the facehugger's blood is superstrong acid and the adult alien's blood appears to be less strong

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

The yellow colour of the Predalien's blood offers no doubt to me: it IS Xeno blood (remember the 80% Alien, 20% Predator' remark...?)

So, what happened was that if the Xeno blood did not affect Wolf when he pierced through one with his wristblades during the HIVE fight scene, why would it be any different after Wolf had pulled out Chet's inner tongue, with all the PQ's blood hosing down right in front of him...?

'Coherence in the mistake' , I often call it... The Strauses did all they could t make Wolf a Super-Predator, and therefore rendering the Alien meek, even their blood... Yes, it can melt humans, but not Wolf... They even bluntly have him shoot an Alien at close range and no blood got on him...

I can somewhat understand this: I mean,when you have only ONE Predator fighting MANY Aliens, if you were to realistically portray it, he would have died much sooner than he did...

After impaling Chet with his wristblades, no acid destroyed his hand nor his BARE chest (after he stripped down his gear)...

So I started wondering, how in the hell did he get the ACID BURNS ON HIS LEFT CHEEK...? Because he is clearly impervious to Xeno blood selon AVPR...! ::)

;D :D :o :D

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThe yellow colour of the Predalien's blood offers no doubt to me: it IS Xeno blood (remember the 80% Alien, 20% Predator' remark...?)

The blood was clearly made to appear more florescent, not as green as Predator blood but it was obvious enough to pick up on.  So the blood is another element of the Predalien that is "mixed".

M206

M206

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jan 03, 2008, 04:12:47 PM
The yellow colour of the Predalien's blood offers no doubt to me: it IS Xeno blood (remember the 80% Alien, 20% Predator' remark...?)

but yellow is the colour showed in the predator vision.while regular alien are shown green, even if they have yellow blood.. ::)

i'd like to think that this isn't an error, but in this "molting to an adult queen" stage, the predator traits are still dominant regarding the blood, so this Chet have no acid blood but more like predator's blood..Or at least some kind of clone ripley with a very less strong acid's properties that aren't shown on the screen during the fight..

Colin?? ???

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Jan 03, 2008, 04:12:47 PM

So, what happened was that if the Xeno blood did not affect Wolf when he pierced through one with his wristblades during the HIVE fight scene, why would it be any different after Wolf had pulled out Chet's inner tongue, with all the PQ's blood hosing down right in front of him...?

'Coherence in the mistake' , I often call it... The Strauses did all they could t make Wolf a Super-Predator, and therefore rendering the Alien meek, even their blood... Yes, it can melt humans, but not Wolf... They even bluntly have him shoot an Alien at close range and no blood got on him...

I can somewhat understand this: I mean,when you have only ONE Predator fighting MANY Aliens, if you were to realistically portray it, he would have died much sooner than he did...

After impaling Chet with his wristblades, no acid destroyed his hand nor his BARE chest (after he stripped down his gear)...

So I started wondering, how in the hell did he get the ACID BURNS ON HIS LEFT CHEEK...? Because he is clearly impervious to Xeno blood selon AVPR...! ::)

;D :D :o :D

The problem here is that it's not just that the alien blood isn't effecting Wolf, but everything else as well.  Dallas was directly under an alien and shot it... by all rights he should have been covered in blood and bits, but he was fine.  The fragment of the alien head that hit the hospital roof didn't even melt anything.  The helicopter wasn't damaged, there was no collateral damage in the sewer or hospital.  People were shooting at aliens in close range and nothing was happening (unlike Vasquez in ALIENS).  There was a wounded alien crawling toward the helicopter, but nothing was melting in its wake...  The aliens seem to have the selective ability to allow their blood to corrode only what is deemed necessary.

BioMech

BioMech

Just an idea, but what if the heavy rain neutralized most of the acid?

darkfaerytales

i havent see the film yet but if it is true well, is ONLY SIMPLE ANOTHER BIG TERRIFING BULLSHIT ON THE LONG LIST

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: BioMech on Jan 03, 2008, 04:47:14 PM

Yes, the rain would dilute the acid... but it would still react to something prior to the rain water diluting it to the point of neutralizing its effects.  Especially with 1.) how virulent alien blood is supposed to be and 2.) the amount of blood that was flying around between aliens being shot and Chet being ripped up.

But this doesn't account for aliens that were killed or bled indoors, or when it wasn't raining.

TheAncientEnemy

I hate the things this movie makes us have to debate. What a shitstorm it's kicked up.

Bad Replicant

I hate to plug one of my threads, but I'm going to anyways.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=12702.0

YutaniDitch

Quote from: BioMech on Jan 03, 2008, 04:47:14 PM

It would not neutralise it...not right away, it wouldn't... what about inside the Hive, with Wolf 'wristblading' the Alien...?  ??? Same thing...no rain, no water... ::)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

After the predalien was messed up and bleeding, the fight didn't last much longer, maybe we just didn't get to see it, maybe he just got lucky like whats-his-name with the plasma caster (you know, when he shot an alien point blank and didnt get sprayed with even a drop of acid.)

We know the acid affects preds from the scaring ritual in AvP, the residue on the things claw burnt the preds skin.

Someone here said pred blood neutralizes the acid blood? There is nothing to suggest this, and if this were true wouldnt the preds blood have to be an equally powerful base (which would cause as much damage to people and things it landed on).

Its an alien, it still had acid blood. It just never got on the pred, at least to a large degree. Maybe some did, but the wolf was smart enough to know that if he let up for a second to react to it, he was dead.

marrerom

marrerom

having the aliens blood not do what its meant to is just another example of the directors toning down the aliens so the predator could stand up against them. it was one of the worst things about the movie.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

yeah, and kinda ruins the whole balance between the creatures. Preds much more formidable long-mid range, but aliens rule the close quarters fight.

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

my conclusion, my version of chet's anatomy:

Predator= 40%= mandables, strenghth, dredlocks, green blood, musle color, personality
           Alien= 60%= insectoid appearence, stelthy, inner jaws, body form

from her blood being green (*i've seen the movie on christmas*)
                                  i but that the predator blood trate geans overpowered the alien
                                  blood trate gean................

..... since chet is a "queen to be" i'll bet that a predalien drone/warrior is much defferent than Chet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed