Does Wolf ACTUALLY have a white eye?

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Aug 15, 2022, 04:57:55 AM

Author
Does Wolf ACTUALLY have a white eye? (Read 7,075 times)

Mike’s Monsters

I recently did a rewatch of the AvP:R extended cut before Prey came out and noticed Wolf's eyes both had pupils. In my memory I think I'd always remembered a full blind white eye. During the rewatch I had a weird Mandela effect moment when I saw both of his pupils, what looked like almost normal eyes in the film. Very much to my surprise. Mainly because I also haven't watched the film in many years.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

I'd always thought the eyes were like what we've seen in the maquette's, but that seems to be the only place besides concept art where we see that he has a full white eye pupil and iris.

Even NECA's figures he was completely fine on both eyes. I almost wonder if the Hunting Grounds team were confused when they heard the complaints about Wolf's eye, because in the film he clearly doesn't look blind. I even wonder if other fans think the same too, as I've posted photos I've taken of the Wolf suit that has both pupils, and have been asked why one wasn't white.

The behind the scenes photos show the eyeball itself was a different color, but with the color grading and light in the final film, it makes that very hard to see.

Have any of you had the same realization as I? The same Mandela effect?

SiL

SiL

I always thought he had two good eyes in the movie and that the merchandise was based more on concept art.

Turns out he totally did have a bung left eye in the movie. I like how in the crashed ship it's clearly not looking/focusing like the good eye.

Guess his total lack of depth perception explains a lot.

BlueMarsalis79

I did notice the difference between concept art and production, but just thought they went for a more subtle take on the eye damage in the final product.

Wweyland

Damn, I actually always thought he had the damaged (white) eye.
I guess its similar to Ahab in the comics, his eye just magically semi-heals itself

happypred

Both eyes have pupils but one eye has a...whiter sclera

City Hunter Yautja

I need to rewatch AVPR, I missed this completely.

BlueMarsalis79

It's easy to see how you'd miss it, being that it's in fact difficult... to see.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 16, 2022, 01:09:00 AMIt's easy to see how you'd miss it, being that it's in fact difficult... to see.

Yeah, AVPR is plagued with bad lighting. Only one viewing of it was the color and lighting bright and ever since I can't find what streaming version was that easy to see.

The Cruentus

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 12:50:30 AMI need to rewatch AVPR, I missed this completely.

Whoa whoa, lets not be too hasty here. this is an important franchise we are dealing with and I don't think you or I should just arbitrarily watch AVPR.  :laugh:  :laugh:

In seriousness though, he does have an off color left eyes, interestinly though, since his pupil is still intact, he may not actually be blind in it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I remember noticing that all the way back then, some scenes his eye is blind/white, others its normal. I assumed movie mistake cus its goddmamn AVPR.

I decided to take a look on the unrated/extended edition here, his eye looks blind/white when we first see him:

Then in the deleted scene its normal:

They forgot to put the blind eye with cgi whatever ?

Then at the end when he lose the mask I can barely see how its like, there is a shadow over his eye.

You know looking more at Wolf's face in different scenes, even the some other parts of his face look different.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 06, 2022, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 12:50:30 AMI need to rewatch AVPR, I missed this completely.

Whoa whoa, lets not be too hasty here. this is an important franchise we are dealing with and I don't think you or I should just arbitrarily watch AVPR.  :laugh:  :laugh:

In seriousness though, he does have an off color left eyes, interestinly though, since his pupil is still intact, he may not actually be blind in it.

Haha, I watch AVPR a lot. XD
The hospital scene gets me every time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed