Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 54,382 times)

Necronomicon II

They won't be all Goldsmith nods, I'm sure.

Protozoid

It's alright, but doubt its better than the rejected score by Gregson-Williams.  Even if Gregson-Williams wrote an inappropriate score, I can't imagine we're better off with this rehashed and remixed stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteInside CD panel

https://twitter.com/MilanRecLabel/status/854821606161395713

Merged the seperate track threads into new Soundtrack thread. The previews have been taken off Soundcloud, unfortunately.

Stolen

Yes, i received an e-mail yesterday  :D
We've received a report directly from Warner Music Group that your track "Alien Covenant Theme" contains "Alien Covenant Theme   " by Jed Kurzel. As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being.

Corporal Hicks

To be honest, they lasted longer than I expected. lol

Stolen

QuoteJed Kurzel's Alien Covenant is a majestic and dark homage to Jerry Goldsmith's score and the best of the saga since Alien 3.

https://twitter.com/CedricDelelee/status/855035840350883840

Legit.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.theartsshelf.com/2017/04/20/milan-music-to-release-jed-kurzels-alien-covenant-ost-on-5-may-2017/

QuoteThe CD release will be available from 5 May, 2017, with a Deluxe 2 x LP release following in June.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2017, 07:38:13 AM

QuoteInside CD panel

https://twitter.com/MilanRecLabel/status/854821606161395713

Merged the seperate track threads into new Soundtrack thread. The previews have been taken off Soundcloud, unfortunately.

Nice. 8)

echobbase79

Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 20, 2017, 02:47:09 AM
It's alright, but doubt its better than the rejected score by Gregson-Williams.  Even if Gregson-Williams wrote an inappropriate score, I can't imagine we're better off with this rehashed and remixed stuff.

So he actually wrote a score for the movie? I thought he left before even writing a sheet of music.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 20, 2017, 02:25:14 PM

So he actually wrote a score for the movie? I thought he left before even writing a sheet of music.

Thought so too. ???

lv_226

I wasn't aware the Gregson-Williams actually scored Covenant. I mean, I know he was brought on to originally compose the score, but his whole dismissal from the film was abrupt.

I don't think this will all be rehashed. It's confirmed that there are some callbacks to Goldsmith's score (in keeping with the whole Alien re-branding of this very Prometheus-esque story), but I think that there is some original material in there for sure. I think that we will be in for a surprise for sure.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 20, 2017, 01:47:46 PM
QuoteJed Kurzel's Alien Covenant is a majestic and dark homage to Jerry Goldsmith's score and the best of the saga since Alien 3.

https://twitter.com/CedricDelelee/status/855035840350883840

Legit.

Maybe you should listen to the entire soundtrack first and stop being so presumptuous?

Evanus

I don't think Harry Gregson Williams wrote anything. He left the project pretty early, didn't he?

MajorB

We actually saw a few sheets of his score. He was fired a little after recording of his version began.

echobbase79

Oh, okay. I sure this has been asked before, but was it creative differences between him and Ridley that led to his departure?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed