Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 57,320 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 29, 2011, 06:15:59 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 06:09:00 AM
Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 29, 2011, 05:54:39 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 05:43:17 AM
The short lifespan is a convoluted idea. That would make the alien no better than "the happening" lol.
Convulated? Yeah like a butterfly
Exactly. All the nostromo crew needed to do was to chill out and wait for it to die all by itself. Instead of hunting the thing down which pretty much got themselves all killed.

Holy shit maybe Ash was trying to protect the crew all along...  :o
I dont think the crew had a handbook on alien species, if they didnot go looking for it, it would have gotten them as it has a big need to breed, it wasnt searching in airvents that got bret ,lambert and parker killed was it? It seeked them out i thought???
No it was the cat... uh actually that could be possible...  Well in any case the alien didn't seem to be in the mood to kill ripley and it killed parker because he attacked it. The alien seemed a bit curious. The alien probably just wanted to wine and dine Lambert a bit. Oh and the alien probably didn't have a handbook on human anatomy either and merely stuck that tail up the wrong hole.

Just saying.

Infected

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2035129881/

The girl trying to contact Prometheus in the beginning is Noomi Rapace,
so my guess is the Magellan will be the craft that will land on the surface.
Shit goes wong and Noomi try´s to contact the Prometheus crew.
From there on i think shit goes completely out of hand.

appleguy

This is awesome.
The original Alien Prometheus style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ6SUTI1j9M#ws

leafblade

ah! i just have to see Alien again now, i loved it!  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: appleguy on Dec 29, 2011, 12:13:38 PM
This is awesome.

Whoa! Hats off to whoever made this video, because it is a downright outstanding job. Goosebumps everywhere.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 06:26:43 AM
The short lifespan is a convoluted idea. That would make the alien no better than "the happening" lol.
Exactly. All the nostromo crew needed to do was to chill out and wait for it to die all by itself. Instead of hunting the thing down which pretty much got themselves all killed.

I dont think the crew had a handbook on alien species, if they didnot go looking for it, it would have gotten them as it has a big need to breed, it wasnt searching in airvents that got bret ,lambert and parker killed was it? It seeked them out i thought???
No it was the cat... uh actually that could be possible...  Well in any case the alien didn't seem to be in the mood to kill ripley and it killed parker because he attacked it. The alien seemed a bit curious. The alien probably just wanted to wine and dine Lambert a bit. Oh and the alien probably didn't have a handbook on human anatomy either and merely stuck that tail up the wrong hole.

Just saying.
Well lol your kinda right in a sense, the alien had no education about anything other than the inviroment it was born into ....... And i think its sexual tendency's aswell as its biomech style are taken from the sj gene and not the human........ I think all that cross breeding gene swapping/ mixing made for a very sexually frustrated and mentally confused creature, i think that weaver saw the alien as a super curious lifeform that is very interested in things other than itself,
all that stuff i think is the reason why alot of the earlier ideas were dropped about it evolving into a teacher of art pmsl :)
......and it did not try to kill rippers in the escape shuttle because it was dying in a safe corner ( 4day lifespan) ........... Just sayin

Xenomorphine

This is awesome.

Beautiful...

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I'm in awe, that was expertly done! ^

Xenomorphine

In other news, I'm starting to think that it's not so much that the ship/building topples over or lowers itself, as that it's rolling across the landscape like a giant wagon wheel...

There's some smoke or kicked up dust to one side of it and, looking at some of the shots of the crew running away, there's nothing to say it's not rolling.

MrSpaceJockey

I'm sure it is.  Our first reports of the trailer were of a "gigantic spinning Gigerian wheel," which, of course, we later found out was the "derelict" spacecraft.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 29, 2011, 07:53:13 PMThere's some smoke or kicked up dust to one side of it and, looking at some of the shots of the crew running away, there's nothing to say it's not rolling.

Yes, and in one of the shots it looks like the ends of the two 'arms' are both downwards into the ground, which seems to defy what you would expect if it were just toppling over.

-Chris

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

I thought it was pretty obvious it is rolling. Now whether that is because of a crash landing or not is debatable.

Prime113

This is awesome.

Loved it!

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 29, 2011, 06:26:43 AM

Just saying.

The Alien didn't kill Jones because it recognised a kindred/ superior being...

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 29, 2011, 07:53:13 PM
In other news, I'm starting to think that it's not so much that the ship/building topples over or lowers itself, as that it's rolling across the landscape like a giant wagon wheel...

There's some smoke or kicked up dust to one side of it and, looking at some of the shots of the crew running away, there's nothing to say it's not rolling.
I'm maybe wrong but I think is making a rotation at his base or is turning. There is a long track in the ground at his back. I don't think is rolling. I don't know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed