Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,289,788 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I don't care if he deserves it or not

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2022, 09:17:39 PMA noble sentiment but I don't think the guy deserves it.

A not so noble sentiment, but I'm pretty sure not many people outside the moral police cares about what you think.

And, I genuinely respect you Kradan, for what you're going through. This is the last time I participate in this, out of respect for you, because I don't want to appear more unsensitive to your situation than I already may have.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Genocidal behaviour is probably bad.

Greetings from Germany

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on May 23, 2022, 09:24:29 PMI don't care if he deserves it or not

You're a more generous man than most of us, I think.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2022, 10:21:01 PMI'm pretty sure not many people outside the moral police cares about what you think.

Bruh.

Quote from: kwisatz on May 24, 2022, 01:35:24 AMGenocidal behaviour is probably bad.

Greetings from Germany

/thread

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2022, 08:45:18 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 23, 2022, 09:24:29 PMI don't care if he deserves it or not

You're a more generous man than most of us, I think.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

There is in all of us, but I still reckon that's a very charitable take. I appreciate the depth you went into, and Ukraine has certainly had a well earned reputation for corruption, et al, for a long time - but being there yourself and still having patience with someone saying "maybe russia has a point but just overstepped a little" is almost saintly, my man.

SiL

SiL

Yeah if someone burned down my house I would not be defending their fan club.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2022, 09:24:20 AMYeah if someone burned down my house I would not be defending their fan club.

That's the thing - my house is still intact, ask me again when it burns down

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

SiL is being hyperbolic but my point stands.

Kradan

Kradan

I just don't want anyone to think that I'm better than I actually am

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2022, 09:30:47 AMSiL is being hyperbolic but my point stands.
Metaphorical, but I know people from Ukraine whose family's houses have been blown up - and some family they haven't heard at all from in a few weeks.

So if I were being literal, "someone blew up a close friend's family home, and I cannot imagine defending the culprit's fans".

May 24, 2022, 09:50:47 AM

Quote from: Kradan on May 24, 2022, 09:35:31 AMI just don't want anyone to think that I'm better than I'm actually is
You don't need to defend people with objectively shit opinions to do that, it's ok. You can be flawed AND think other people are crap, if you so choose.

Kradan

Kradan

I wasn't defending him. I may not like a person but that doesn't mean there's no truth to his words

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2022, 09:47:27 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2022, 09:30:47 AMSiL is being hyperbolic but my point stands.
Metaphorical, but I know people from Ukraine whose family's houses have been blown up - and some family they haven't heard at all from in a few weeks.

So if I were being literal, "someone blew up a close friend's family home, and I cannot imagine defending the culprit's fans".

I'm not belittling what's going on, but I'm empathizing with Kradans subjective viewpoint as he's stated it here, not all of Ukraine, for the sake of the discussion.

Quote from: Kradan on May 24, 2022, 09:35:31 AMI just don't want anyone to think that I'm better than I actually am

We're all human. Which I think was your point anyway.

SiL

SiL

I know, I'm just saying what I said want really hyperbole given the context. If anything it was an understatement.

But I appreciate that's besides the point.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Nah I feel you bro. I have connections to Ukraine beyond this forum too, and I make no bones about how bad shit is. But I'm also not here to talk over someone who's living through it, regardless of whether that's the front lines or an occupied city, I'd rather discuss directly on his terms.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed