Nimrod Antal Talks Souvenirs from Predators Set

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2019, 10:39:31 AM

Author
Nimrod Antal Talks Souvenirs from Predators Set (Read 8,759 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alien vs. Predator Galaxy recently had the chance to talk to Predators’ director Nimrod Antal about his time working on Predators for our Podcast! We chatted about a lot of Nimrod’s experience helming the third Predator film and when the topic of souvenirs from the film came up, Nimrod told us about some of the mementos he still has from Predators!

“During the Berserker/Classical Predator battle – I think we were capturing the epic shot of the two blades clashing as they first slam into one another and the Classical Predator’s blade broke off. The tip of the blade, about a six inch length, broke off and fell into the mud. It was pretty evident in the take as well. We had to go again. So while they were resetting and no-one was paying attention – or I thought no-one was paying attention – I sneaked onto the set and stole the broken piece of Predator blade and put it in my pocket.

As I’m leaving the crime scene, I think I’ve gotten away with it, I see Greg Nicotero [co-founder of KNB who provided the Predator effects for the film] staring at me: looking at me like “what are you doing?! What the hell are you doing?!” and I said “Man, this is a piece of history right here. It’s a broken blade from a Predator battle!” I still have it to this day. It’s one of the few possessions I’ve kept from some of the films I’ve made.”

Dutch '87 Announced As Next Paid DLC For Predator: Hunting Grounds!

In addition to the piece of blade, Nimrod also told us he’d kept the Predator skull glimpsed in the camp scene and told us how Greg Nicotero gifted him with a set of Predator masks. But you can hear all about that (and plenty more!) on Monday the 17th when we upload the 90th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Kradan

I can't wait

spinksy

It's only now looking back I think we can all appreciate just that bit more how good 'Predators' really is.

I enjoyed it on release and saw it a few times at the cinema but its such a easy re watch now. Would have loved a sequel, or even if it was Royce in the pod at the end it would have made last years film that bit better!

Voodoo Magic

Looking forward to listening!

Wysps

Quote from: spinksy on Jun 11, 2019, 12:01:37 PM
It's only now looking back I think we can all appreciate just that bit more how good 'Predators' really is.

I enjoyed it on release and saw it a few times at the cinema but its such a easy re watch now. Would have loved a sequel, or even if it was Royce in the pod at the end it would have made last years film that bit better!

Word.  Predators will always be a favorite installment, in my book  :)

Kradan

Even better than first one?

Wysps

"A favorite", not "the favorite"   ;)

HashTag_TheSwag

I really enjoyed Predators, The atmosphere and build up was great but the film runs out of steam and falls into mediocrity after they meet Morpheus.Can't help but appreciate the film more after Shane Black's wet dog poo.

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 11, 2019, 03:20:15 PM
Quote from: spinksy on Jun 11, 2019, 12:01:37 PM

Word.  Predators will always be a favorite installment, in my book  :)

Same.

Ronoc

Yeah, I found Morpheus annoying too.
Quite enjoyed the movie. First half is more interesting alright

Quote from: HashTag_TheSwag on Jun 12, 2019, 03:06:04 AM
I really enjoyed Predators, The atmosphere and build up was great but the film runs out of steam and falls into mediocrity after they meet Morpheus.Can't help but appreciate the film more after Shane Black's wet dog poo.

Kradan

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 11, 2019, 05:28:34 PM

Ohhhh, tricky English. These articles... i've never understood them.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 13, 2019, 09:26:01 AM

It tricked me at first too and English is my native language! Maybe I was too busy being happy it wasn't spelled favourite. ;D

PsyKore

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 13, 2019, 12:58:25 PM

It tricked me at first too and English is my native language! Maybe I was too busy being happy it wasn't spelled favourite. ;D

"Favorite" is American, not English. ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 15, 2019, 09:52:05 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 13, 2019, 12:58:25 PM

"Favorite" is American, not English. ;D

Touché!  (French)

The Old One

The Old One

Tying The Predator to Predators by including (Adrien Brody) Royce? No thank you.

I don't wish Predators unnecessarily tarnished by association. It's not great, but, c'mon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed