Sigourney Weaver wraps AVATAR 2 and now a real Ghostbusters 3 (2020) No ALIEN-5?

Started by AVP-CAPCOM, Dec 04, 2019, 06:48:11 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver wraps AVATAR 2 and now a real Ghostbusters 3 (2020) No ALIEN-5? (Read 23,556 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 13, 2019, 04:40:25 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 13, 2019, 04:15:15 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 04, 2019, 01:48:41 PM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Dec 04, 2019, 10:43:48 AM
Who can forget THE PREDATOR fiasco where "time travelling ripley stand-in" was filmed and almost inserted as an alternative ending cementing another AVP film cross-over?

#NEVERFORGET

;D

I still sure that everybody deeply in their souls want to see these scenes just for the insanity of it.

Maybe if they were from a parody YouTube video. The movie was already painful enough on the big screen.

No, we're going to demand everything, everything in a maximum upgraded cut and you will take it... you will take it all!!!!

Kradan

D. Compton Ambrose

Nope. Disney killed it. Time to move on.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 13, 2019, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 13, 2019, 04:35:46 AM
I think Alien 5 can still happen. Without Ripley and Hicks.
All they need to do is

- Ignore the event of Alien 3 (and Alien Resurrection)
- Cast a new actress (age between 25-35 years old) to play adult version of Newt.
- Newt is the main character, and the future of the franchise.
- Ripley and Hick are not feature in the movie. But both of them are still alive.
- The reason why Ripley and Hick are not feature in the movie. Because they live seperately.

And If they want to tell the the story prior to the event of the movie, when Ripley, Hick and Newt are still living together. All they need to do is made it into comic, video game or CGI TV series, animated series. etc

Brilliant!

Did you just call your own post brilliant?

I have to remember to do that! ;D

So presidential!  That's what it takes.

So what does Sigourney Weaver's schedule look like now?  With images of Blomkamp's dropship shown on alien day, I think there is hope for this film to be made finally.

Just please... No Alien suit!

Brilliant!

Datamat

It could just end up like Terminator Dark Fate which basically sold itself on the promise of erasing everything after T2 and being a retro sequel to T2.
It didnt make nearly as much money as was hoped despite this and while it was a genuinely ok movie that was better than arguably every Terminator film since T2 it still did not at all stand up in the same league as the original two movies.

Drukathi

Well, technically, Alien 3 works like Dark Fate. We need a true Alien III (V).

OpenMaw

Quote from: Datamat on May 18, 2020, 07:34:08 PM
It could just end up like Terminator Dark Fate which basically sold itself on the promise of erasing everything after T2 and being a retro sequel to T2.
It didnt make nearly as much money as was hoped despite this and while it was a genuinely ok movie that was better than arguably every Terminator film since T2 it still did not at all stand up in the same league as the original two movies.

I mean, no. It was pretty damned awful, too.

They literally did a CTRL-R with John Connor and Skynet. And that was a terrible way to "get back to what people love" by literally murdering John Connor.

Honestly at this point what they need to do isn't so much a reboot or anything like that, but just make another film in the Alien universe that takes its cues from the first two films, but doesn't copy them whole sale. Something similar to what Isolation did. Use the universe to tell another story, and go from there.

Nightmare Asylum

Dark Fate is the first time I've cared about Terminator since T2.

And I have zero interest in seeing Alien 3 reconned. I would have been more interested in seeing Blomkamp's take on Alien before that conversation he had that got Sigourney involved. Still, I'd be very curious to see a treatment or something of his idea, just because I'm curious about what it would have been.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 19, 2020, 03:14:04 AM
They literally did a CTRL-R with John Connor and Skynet. And that was a terrible way to "get back to what people love" by literally murdering John Connor.

You mean, they ALIEN 3-ed him ?

It so funny that Alien 3 and T3 basically did the same things to Aliens and T2 and now Cameron himself did the same to T2. Hypocrecy 101

Nightmare Asylum

I mean, it isn't really hypocrisy. They're two different stories that he had different ideas on how to proceed on.

In Aliens, he has set up a dynamic the he would have liked to have seen move forward. I personally love the choice Alien 3 made to strip Ripley of all of that, but I understand him being bitter of it.

With Terminator, Cameron was returning to a franchise that he pretty definitively ended with T2, and yet had been poorly followed up on over and over again. In order to do something interesting with the material (and with Sarah's character – and the new T-800, too), and to separate this film from all of the sequels that followed T2, I think his choice there was the right one. It was thematically relevant to the series as a whole, and kept the action going in a way that actually feels like an evolution of the story from the first two films rather than just a retread of it. John still had a purpose the he fulfilled, and continued to inspire a new generation. Sarah was probably more interesting than she's ever been. The T-800 was the most nuanced approach to artificial intelligence the series has ever had and an interesting thematic evolution of T2's ideas.

I don't know. I just really liked Dark Fate. Way more than I ever expected to. The worst thing about it is that it is so clearly setting up a sequel that will not be happening.

Kradan

It was OK movie but unfortunately pretty forgettable. I think Cameron doesn't really care anymore about the franchise.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kradan on May 19, 2020, 07:41:57 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 19, 2020, 03:14:04 AM

You mean, they ALIEN 3-ed him ?

It so funny that Alien 3 and T3 basically did the same things to Aliens and T2 and now Cameron himself did the same to T2. Hypocrecy 101

The key missing ingredient in all of these 3rd instalments is James Cameron.  Does anyone think that if we got one more James Cameron Aliens film it wouldn't be just awesome?

Nightmare Asylum

James Cameron was the driving force behind the story in Dark Fate. All of the big decisions that so many people hated were his.

As for Alien movies, my favorite thing about the original four is how different each filmmaker tackled the material. While I loved Cameron's Aliens, I also very much like Fincher's take (at least, as much of it was Fincher's, among all of Fox's meddling).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2020, 09:53:10 PM
James Cameron was the driving force behind the story in Dark Fate. All of the big decisions that so many people hated were his.

They had a team of writers, but regardless, if Cameron directed Dark Fate I'm certain it would have been much better than what it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed