New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,742 times)

Russ840

Russ840

This place is really getting bogged down by rude, condescending NEW members.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 01, 2017, 09:43:41 AM
Quote from: Hemi on Apr 01, 2017, 07:57:37 AM
"Shhh little baby, wait untill you see the fcking movie untill you condemn it." See, anyone can be condescending.

Have a little respect for a constructive conversation. This isn't IMDB, and if you want this to be your new home discussing these movies show some respect for fellow forum members. He's stating fact; You are judging a clip and an entire movie before you even see it. Not that smart if you ask me...  :-\
lol no one was condemning the movie. From the very beginning before children lost them lollipops I was just pointing out just saying that, again imho, such scene might very well get removed due to its very nature, in order to keep the mystery to the audiences once the covenant arrives at the planet

Seriously who said that scene is not good?. Haven't even watched it yet for gods sake!. I was neither condemning nor disliking anything. I can't wait to see the movie.

Pleasetry to not engaging any conversation you might difficulty to follow, because you either keep acting like a salty teen, or IQs did just drop sharply while I was away.

QuoteI was just giving my opinion on why it would be better to remove such scene from the theatrical cut while giving the perfect example that it was aliens, and that imo it will be eventually removed

Seems you already formed an opinion, or not? Or did you? Can't tell...  :P

QuoteThis place is really getting bogged down by rude, condescending NEW members.

Report them, and get them a time out. Thats what you do with kids too.  :P

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 01, 2017, 10:27:29 AM
Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 01, 2017, 10:23:04 AM
I read you right the first time ;)
allow me the benefit of doubt given the current circumstances

I wasn't addressing you, I was talking to SiL ( which is why I quoted him ).

Does anybody know if the footage shown at CinemaCon is supposed to make its way online at some point as part of the marketing campaign, or was it a one-off?

Evanus

Evanus

According to Hicks the new footage was CinemaCon exclusive, so it won't be released online.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 01, 2017, 04:04:00 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 01, 2017, 01:30:46 AM
I don't think the pre-infestation scenes of Hadley's Hope are a good example at all. Leaving those out actually added to the mystique and left it completely to the audience's imagination. They weren't thematically important, either.

By keeping the bombing scene we get to see the ship in action and not just crashed in the woods. With Ridley at the helm this should be visually impressive, as well as fitting nicely with the grander themes being presented. Also it could potentially ratchet up the tension or dread when the crew first encounters David.

You misinterpreted. The example was deleted scenes not being advertised as part of the movie. Hence why we never saw Mr. Jordan getting facehugged in a preview or even heard about it until way after.

No, he said that leaving the bombing scene out would build mystery and tension by using the HH scenes as an example.

Beardomorph

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 01, 2017, 12:33:10 PM
According to Hicks the new footage was CinemaCon exclusive, so it won't be released online.

Thank you ;)
Probably for the best. It'll be nice to still have a sense of discovery and expectation when sitting in the theatre.

fernandito

Quote from: Hemi on Apr 01, 2017, 11:11:29 AM
oho did you, did I?, you can't tell? uhu  uh?

You mate really make those dumb imdb forums you seem to like so much to talk about look good. Don't denigrate yourself any further. I'm very emotional and the laughter will soon turn into tears of sorrow

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 01, 2017, 11:57:38 AM
I wasn't addressing you, I was talking to SiL ( which is why I quoted him ).
i know man i know. My apologizes anyway

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: SiL on Apr 01, 2017, 06:23:36 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 01, 2017, 12:47:57 AM
Because there isn't one. You don't market a theatrical release showing extensive footage that will end up on the cutting room floor and on the Blu Ray.
The first trailer of Rogue One [in]famously features almost no footage from the final film in it, outside of some effects shots.

Alien has a giant floating egg that's nowhere in the movie.

Predators has Royce covered in targeting lasers, despite only one appearing in the final film.

Etc.

...and neither the floating egg or the multiple lasers were deleted scenes either.

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 01, 2017, 07:10:29 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 01, 2017, 12:47:57 AM

Find a 1986 Aliens promo featuring sentry guns and Hadley's Hope and your reasoning would make at least some sense.

Because there isn't one. You don't market a theatrical release showing extensive footage that will end up on the cutting room floor and on the Blu Ray.

Just because you blindly dislike a scene you haven't viewed in blahblah I just doon't know what im talking about blah blah BLAAHHH!!..

blahblah etc
ssshhh quiet kid, and listen to the ones who really know how this actually works:

Quote from: SiL on Apr 01, 2017, 06:23:36 AM
The first trailer of Rogue One [in]famously features almost no footage from the final film in it, outside of some effects shots.

Alien has a giant floating egg that's nowhere in the movie.

Predators has Royce covered in targeting lasers, despite only one appearing in the final film.

Etc.

There should be a common sense filter on here for people like you.

Maybe your education was a deleted scene in the embarrassment you call a life, "kid."

fernandito

you make a lot of sense

Denton Smalls

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 01, 2017, 05:11:08 PM
you make a lot of sense

It's ok, maybe you can edit yourself in a scene where the Engineers create you with more brain cells.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Apr 01, 2017, 07:53:38 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 31, 2017, 06:25:57 PM
Plus David's "mortal afterall" quote in Prometheus when the Engineer's head explodes helps give us a glimpse at a slight disappointment in him about them.

And when Holloway says how they're going to ask the Engineers why they made us, he turns it around and says "why did you make me?", already viewing Engineers and humans as literally the same thing. Neither superior than the other.

What an utter rabid fan-fiction thing is to claim that David hates humans and the Engineers!

"Mortal, after all!" = David finds the Engineers not worthy = Hate them = Kill them

Wow!

::)

It's ok, buddy, here's a cookie to calm you down. It's just a movie. Relax.  :)

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 01, 2017, 03:39:30 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Apr 01, 2017, 11:11:29 AM
oho did you, did I?, you can't tell? uhu  uh?

You mate really make those dumb imdb forums you seem to like so much to talk about look good. Don't denigrate yourself any further. I'm very emotional and the laughter will soon turn into tears of sorrow

cliffhanger

this thread

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Let's keep it civil, guys.

Dangerous Days

Expect the bombing scene to be in the theatrical cut myself. It was probably just left out of the recent test screening so they could see how the film played with a more ambiguous approach. Might of received negative feedback about the film being confusing in that regard, so have decided to put the scene back in to add context.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed