What are the other alien skulls in the Predator trophy case?

Started by Mala'kak, Jun 08, 2017, 03:41:52 PM

Author
What are the other alien skulls in the Predator trophy case? (Read 9,035 times)

Mala'kak

A well-known easter egg from Predator 2 is the presence of an Alien skull in the trophy case on board the Predator ship. Aside from a couple of human skulls, there are 4 others:

And here's a close-up of the two skulls abutting the Alien skull:

Can any of these skulls be identified as either homages to other sci-fi creatures (like the Alien skull) or belonging to creatures appearing in any of the subsequent Predator comics, books, or other movies? Or are they simply props appearing in just this one movie?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

they all were designed and sculpted for the movie actually. Each one was crafted by a Winston Studio crewmember.

I THINK the humanoid one on top with the two chin spikes makes an appearance in an AvP comic, but don't quote me on that

Kailem

Part of me has always wanted to see these shown as actual living creatures in one medium or another, but another part of me thinks I'd probably be disappointed by the results an extrapolation like that 27 years after their creation, and that they should probably just be left as we see them here.

Buuuuuuut then I look at the skulls again and go back to my initial "man, those would be cool to see alive" viewpoint instead. :laugh:

Master

God, that was one powerful scene! Love every moment of it, love every moment of Predator 2. They don't make Predator like this anymore.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 08, 2017, 08:57:33 PM
they all were designed and sculpted for the movie actually. Each one was crafted by a Winston Studio crewmember.

I THINK the humanoid one on top with the two chin spikes makes an appearance in an AvP comic, but don't quote me on that

Yes, I remember hearing that the aliens in "Aliens: Alien" were inspired by that skull with the two chin spikes. Looking at them, they do resemble it, including the two chin spikes.

They don't make any appearance in an AvP comic though, just in an Aliens comic (that features a human astronaut crashing on the planet which brought the Xenomorph on it apparently.)

The aliens are a primitive tribal species and the main character is called "Suom."

Corporal Hicks

I hope that we'll eventually get to see a more significant presence of another ET in a Predator film (not counting AvP or Predators). I think it'd be great to see a Predator actually hunting something really different.

TheBATMAN

So Ridley Scott has now retconned predator 2 it seems if David is the alien creator 😂

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jun 10, 2017, 11:18:57 PM
So Ridley Scott has now retconned predator 2 it seems if David is the alien creator 😂
What you don't know is that Gary Busey actually created the Engineers

Russ840

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 12, 2017, 08:35:36 AM

Gary Busy is the Space Jockey.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Russ840 on Jun 13, 2017, 07:43:33 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 12, 2017, 08:35:36 AM

Gary Busy is the Space Jockey.

"Gary Busey is the suit of the Space Jockey" ~ Ridley Scott.

Kailem

The lions, the tigers, the jockeys, oh my!

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: TheQueen on Jun 08, 2017, 03:41:52 PM
A well-known easter egg from Predator 2 is the presence of an Alien skull in the trophy case on board the Predator ship. Aside from a couple of human skulls, there are 4 others:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/cx1vy.png

The far left or far right gotta be this.
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Gro%27tye

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed