Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 309,572 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Well, isn't you the one who helped to turn " How to determine whether a xenomorph or predator would win in a fight " into  " Starship Troopers' Memes and Gifs Thread " ?

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 29, 2019, 08:57:04 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQkTffqXuHYSZ_IPQI606NHqfna5KwrVu9ysygzTA9Qrz8Fte_2

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 29, 2019, 09:09:04 AM
Well, isn't you the one who helped to turn " How to determine whether a xenomorph or predator would win in a fight " into  " Starship Troopers' Memes and Gifs Thread " ?

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 29, 2019, 08:57:04 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQkTffqXuHYSZ_IPQI606NHqfna5KwrVu9ysygzTA9Qrz8Fte_2

I certainly contributed but I didn't start it. What are you trying to prove homie?

Kradan

Kradan

Nothing at all. Just an interesting observation

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Why not go stir up some conversation about the HL/Portal universe in the game section, друг? We'll all enjoy ourselves a lot more. :)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, that's an idea.

Brazilianyautja

Brazilianyautja

The first predator movie is a sci fi action masterpiece. His only mistake is not devepolped the predator mythology very well like the sequels do

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I would argue the developed mythology harmed the predator, in first two films, the predator is a hunter who enjoys hunting and killing its favorite sport, humans. No grand reason, it just likes like to hunt humans for sport.

Later media will have them as honorable with lots of codes which they didn't really have before.

They are sporting maybe, but honor might be too much.

Then you got latest movie that now says they don't hunt for fun but for dna to enhance themselves, even though dna doesn't work that way.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 29, 2020, 12:42:17 PM
I would argue the developed mythology harmed the predator, in first two films, the predator is a hunter who enjoys hunting and killing its favorite sport, humans. No grand reason, it just likes like to hunt humans for sport.

Later media will have them as honorable with lots of codes which they didn't really have before.

According to the Thomas brothers, they always had the codes of the sports hunter... but they didn't have the framework to delve more until the second film. It wasn't an afterthought.

QuoteThey are sporting maybe, but honor might be too much.

Sporting maybe? Sporting definitely. And as with most honorable hunters they respect their prey and adhere to codes and rules. The Thomas Brothers knew exactly what they were doing. It was a turning of the tables. There's no sadistic monsters in the mirrors of Predators, just sports hunters hunting for trophies, which is sadistic to us because they are hunting and killing us!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 29, 2020, 01:18:17 PM
(...)There's no sadistic monsters in the mirrors of Predators, just sports hunters hunting for trophies, which is sadistic to us because they are hunting and killing us!
I bet there are protesting predators back at their home planet holding signs that read "Humans have feelings too!"  ;D I would imagine they cheer when they find out a human killed the hunter.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

The original Predator is the entry level and it has the best casting. Predator 2 is underrated imo. No movie can eclipse the first one, but the ending gave us a glimpse into the Predators culture and society. The 1st is better but I genuinely love Predator 2. It's based off Concrete Jungle with neat weapons and I like City Hunter.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh yeah definitely I love it.

Kradan

Kradan

♪ ♫ Predator 2, Predator 2, Predator 2 - the best of aaaaall ! Want some candy, shit happens, who's next, f**king Voodoo Magic, maaaaaaaaaaaaan ♫ ♪

Wanna hear that again ? ♪ ♫  PRE-DA-TOR 22222222222222222222222222222222 ♫ ♪

Spoiler
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 29, 2020, 05:22:26 PM
♪ ♫ Predator 2, Predator 2, Predator 2 - the best of aaaaall ! Want some candy, shit happens, who's next, f**king Voodoo Magic, maaaaaaaaaaaaan ♫ ♪

Wanna hear that again ? ♪ ♫  PRE-DA-TOR 22222222222222222222222222222222 ♫ ♪

Spoiler
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Ok, I figured this out. I say how great Predator 2 is, you give me a pistol. Couple of times and I can open antique store. We all benefit.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed