Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 54,165 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 05, 2018, 01:29:23 PM
Spoiler
THE ARK IS DOWN

Just past the fifty yard-line. Imbedded in the turf.

AND THERE'S RORY

Limping from the ship. Disoriented.

McKenna starts toward him. His expression suggests that once
he has the boy in his arms, he's not likely to let go.

At which point, the "DEFECTOR" PREDATORS RISE SLOWLY,
throatily CLICKING... Grab their WEAPONS.

Then? Everything goes to hell. Striding across the field --

THE UPGRADE. Big as life.

Raises the GAUNTLET. Promptly spikes an ION BLAST through
each of the smaller Predators; DISINTEGRATING them --
[close]

Can't believe some people actually get paid to write such bad scripts, the lines that were used, such cringe garbage. Easy money right there.

skull-splitter

Poor writing indeed.

Sol

Purely out of curiosity, I would like to see a close-up of that second yet to fully be seen "Emissary" Predator.

Mr.Turok

They got scrubbed really quick via Ion blast huh? Man there were better Predator fights in the comics than that. It should have been longer, show off more to how Upgrade is superior to them via close combat or intelligence. Plus a different take on the Pred/human team ups is a interesting take now against another Pred, especially a Upgrade. Plus the Emissary Preds could have explained more to why the Upgrade exists and the whole clan war thing going on. The Emissary Preds could have delivered so much to the table, this sucks.  :'(

Plus I don't get how people got upset with the military fatigues. Why is it in media that humans can adopt alien stuff but the reverse is forbidden? Sure Pred tech is better by far but as it shows, its not replaced entirely. They still got the shurikens, plasmacasters, wristblades, and cloaking tech for example. Hell, Fugitive made good use of our low tier guns during his escape.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 07, 2018, 07:01:42 AM
They got scrubbed really quick via Ion blast huh? Man there were better Predator fights in the comics than that. It should have been longer, show off more to how Upgrade is superior to them via close combat or intelligence. Plus a different take on the Pred/human team ups is a interesting take now against another Pred, especially a Upgrade. Plus the Emissary Preds could have explained more to why the Upgrade exists and the whole clan war thing going on. The Emissary Preds could have delivered so much to the table, this sucks.  :'(

I'm not sure if that kept over to the filmed stuff (I'm going to ask Kyle/Brian actually) but damn, none of the films have really brought that Predator on Predator action on screen in a genuinely exciting fashion. I'd love to see a proper drawn out and exciting sequence.

Tetsujin

happypred

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 06, 2018, 02:49:27 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 05, 2018, 01:29:23 PM
Spoiler
THE ARK IS DOWN

Just past the fifty yard-line. Imbedded in the turf.

AND THERE'S RORY

Limping from the ship. Disoriented.

McKenna starts toward him. His expression suggests that once
he has the boy in his arms, he's not likely to let go.

At which point, the "DEFECTOR" PREDATORS RISE SLOWLY,
throatily CLICKING... Grab their WEAPONS.

Then? Everything goes to hell. Striding across the field --

THE UPGRADE. Big as life.

Raises the GAUNTLET. Promptly spikes an ION BLAST through
each of the smaller Predators; DISINTEGRATING them --
[close]

Can't believe some people actually get paid to write such bad scripts, the lines that were used, such cringe garbage. Easy money right there.

I think the emissaries could have been a decent addition to the movie, it's just the way they were taken out was so underwhelming. We get that the Upgrade is strong - but for them to be wiped so quickly and after saying something along the lines of, "yeah - there may be no hope after all" is just... wasteful of their potential  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2018, 10:04:07 AM

I'm not sure if that kept over to the filmed stuff (I'm going to ask Kyle/Brian actually) but damn, none of the films have really brought that Predator on Predator action on screen in a genuinely exciting fashion. I'd love to see a proper drawn out and exciting sequence.

They didn't explicitly die in the filmed footage. They were both knocked from the APC when they were trying to use their cable weapons and the Upgrade uses a net weapon to catch the cable and send them flying. Their fate is left open ended.

Kailem

Alas the planned sequel "Predator: Hitchhikers" will no longer see the light of day.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: happypred on Oct 08, 2018, 04:39:44 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 01, 2018, 12:18:31 PM
That looks great.

I beg to differ

You dont have to beg, but we can differ. I purposefully avoided all the leaked stuff before the film came out and seeing it now i felt it could have been a great opportunity.

But i can understand why some people didnt

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2018, 06:17:38 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2018, 10:04:07 AM

They didn't explicitly die in the filmed footage. They were both knocked from the APC when they were trying to use their cable weapons and the Upgrade uses a net weapon to catch the cable and send them flying. Their fate is left open ended.

Well, that looks interesting.

brain_damage

The faces are cool looking, dread weave too...but the plot...and the armor...Better off without them.

Corporal Hicks

brain_damage

Looks like one of my neighbors...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed