Dark Horse Announces Predator: Hunters II

Started by Ultramorph, May 11, 2018, 02:02:05 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator: Hunters II (Read 18,430 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Neeraj Menon on Jan 23, 2019, 01:14:39 PM
That was a great listen!
Thanks for the very kind words on the art and color! :)

No worries! Thank you for listening and for your work!

Foogly

Foogly

I agree with nameless 1 id go see a darker predator film where maybe only a child survives. All main characters are killed. Even will settle for a draw where pred is bested but main hero dies from the nuke. Especially at ground zero cough cough Dutch?!!

Corporal Hicks

Like I mentioned in the episode, that's one of the things I like about If It Bleeds - Predators actually survive. And it's also a disappointment I had with Hunters, I was hoping for a recurring Predator baddy. It wasn't enough to ruin the series for me, though.

Nameless 1

Nameless 1

One of the AVP comics had a pretty good draw, where both the main Predator and main Human's parties were killed fighting each other, but the two teamed up to fight a PredAlien.

Corporal Hicks

Very true. And that Predator ends up coming out of that draw on top as we find out in War.

Wysps

Nice review!

Spoiler
Just finished listening to the podcast - thanks you guys for accompanying me on my errands this morning  ;D  Really appreciate the work you put in to getting these podcasts to us. 

This series really is a testament to how Predator is intriguing and entertaining on its own, without AvP snaked in there.

First, love the artwork throughout the comics.  Each issue was just gorgeous and fitting in its own right.  The gore was great, the shots of the Predator were masterpieces, especially some of the closeups in the last chapter.

I liked Atal's role.  The disability, his friendship with Swain.  He was written well, very empathetic and not a chore to read, not in the least.  I wished just he wouldn't have stayed behind in the end.

Oh, and I second Ridgetop.  I thought it was implied that the two were sort of an "item" at the end (Jaya and Artemis)...

So looking forward to Hunters III  8)
[close]

Regarding some stuff that was mentioned in the podcast...

I sort of waffle back and forth between the team up idea.  On one hand, it has the potential to easily end up being a cheeze-fest.  However, if done well, it could add so much to the story and open up a lot of possibilities.  I like the way it was done in Lebbon's trilogy.  It was reluctant, and believable.  It kept with the traditional portrayal of Predators and how they behave, fight, etc.  I would even be excited to see an emissary-type or "police"-type figure participate in a team-up without it being reluctant.  It'd just have to ensure that the Predators remain in character.  Keep their separate psychology, their way of thinking distinct from ours. 

I also wish we'd get some recurring Predator characters in the main Predator series. I know it's been mentioned in other threads that it'd be hard to have the whole human cast killed off in a movie and still keep the audience's sympathy... but a comic would probably be the best medium to experiment with that type of storyline.  Makes me think I should pick up If It Bleeds.  If only I had more time  :'( 

Xenomrph

I just got a notification from Amazon that my copy of the trade paperback is arriving.... today? I didn't even realize it was out today, haha.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 25, 2019, 02:46:50 AM
I just got a notification from Amazon that my copy of the trade paperback is arriving.... today? I didn't even realize it was out today, haha.

I think it was out a week or two ago. My local has mine waiting for me to pick it up.

Kradan

The artwork is amazing. The story - not so much ...  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Cant wait for Series 3....if it happens

Xiggz456

Ya other than the new game announcement, the Predator side of things has been too quiet for my liking.

Wweyland

Ordered mine from Amazon but no notification about it sent out yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed