Lance Completes Full Circle

Started by Darkness, Aug 05, 2004, 11:31:26 PM

Author
Lance Completes Full Circle (Read 13,368 times)

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

I'll be watching the HBO thing tonight.  I'll send a summary of what was shown to Darkness as soon as it's over.  I'll be taping it, too, but I don't have any way to put it online.  You'll need someone else to do that, but at least I'll let you all know if it shows anything new.

papercrouton

papercrouton

If anyone has HBO and a digital camcorder, you must record this.  You MUST!  If you don't know how, I'll tell you:  1. Set your VCR to record the time and channel (if you have digital cable, you will have to set the VCR to Line In and then set the digital cable to whichever channel HBO is).  Oh, and make sure there's a blank tape in there. 2. Once it's been recorded, hook your digital (yes, it must be digital) camcorder up to your VCR, the way you would to playback movies, except this time the other way around (so plug the cables into the red, yellow and white Audio and Video Out ports instead of In). 3. Record from the video onto your camcorder.  I can't explain how to do this exactly because it varies from camcorder to camcorder, but I'm pretty sure all digital camcorders can do it.  Check the instruction manual if you don't know how. 4. Hook your camera up to your computer, using a FireWire cable, and open up whatever digital video editing program you have (anything will do). 5. Import the footage, as you would with something you had just shot yourself. 6. Do whatever necessary trimming is needed (beginning, end, commercials, etc.), then export it to whichever media player the program can export to (preferably Quicktime).  Try to keep the file size relatively low, so don't go full screen or best quality. 7. Upload the file somewhere (Angelfire provides 20 mb of space for free, but they don't allow direct linking).  Or you could upload it to FilePlanet -- though I'm never able to download any files off there so I will be pissed if you do this.  Better to just upload it to Angelfire or Geocities, then let someone else download it, save it, and upload it to someplace better.  That's it!  If you need any further explanation, just ask.  This is what I did when I brought you the MTV exclusive clip a while back, and I'd do it again for you guys except I don't get HBO.

papercrouton

papercrouton

If anyone has HBO and a digital camcorder, you must record this.  You MUST!  If you don't know how, I'll tell you:  1. Set your VCR to record the time and channel (if you have digital cable, you will have to set the VCR to Line In and then set the digital cable to whichever channel HBO is).  Oh, and make sure there's a blank tape in there. 2. Once it's been recorded, hook your digital (yes, it must be digital) camcorder up to your VCR, the way you would to playback movies, except this time the other way around (so plug the cables into the red, yellow and white Audio and Video Out ports instead of In). 3. Record from the video onto your camcorder.  I can't explain how to do this exactly because it varies from camcorder to camcorder, but I'm pretty sure all digital camcorders can do it.  Check the instruction manual if you don't know how. 4. Hook your camera up to your computer, using a FireWire cable, and open up whatever digital video editing program you have (anything will do). 5. Import the footage, as you would with something you had just shot yourself. 6. Do whatever necessary trimming is needed (beginning, end, commercials, etc.), then export it to whichever media player the program can export to (preferably Quicktime).  Try to keep the file size relatively low, so don't go full screen or best quality. 7. Upload the file somewhere (Angelfire provides 20 mb of space for free, but they don't allow direct linking).  Or you could upload it to FilePlanet -- though I'm never able to download any files off there so I will be pissed if you do this.  Better to just upload it to Angelfire or Geocities, then let someone else download it, save it, and upload it to someplace better.  That's it!  If you need any further explanation, just ask.  This is what I did when I brought you the MTV exclusive clip a while back, and I'd do it again for you guys except I don't get HBO.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

lol, actually I reare ever do go on that.  I prolly should, though.  BTW, just so everyone knows, there's ANOTHER AvP preview special on E! next Thursday (12th) at 5:30pm.  Then that night, as everyone knows, the Fox special is on at 8pm.  And the HBO special is coming on constantly between now and then, just do a search for it at tvguide.com

thinkugotachance

thinkugotachance

lmao, well, see ya later adamjz, it has been a damn good time waitin for this piece....youll most likely see it before me! lucky bastard. good hunting, and ill be waitin on that review, kid

Nik

Nik

if bishop makes the androids years later and dies in this movie how is that possible

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Nik:  Because his company still exists.  It'll be taken over by some board of corporate heads that, now that the generally okay Charles Weyland is gone, begin plotting on what they can do to increase company profits to survive the financial blow Weyland's death is going to deal to it.  Besides maybe looking for Pred technology or Alien specimens, they'll probably begin producing actual robots (to later become androids) to bring in the $$$.

thinkugotachance

thinkugotachance

"he plays the founder of the company that will eventually produce them"  which means he doesnt make them himself, his company does to continue the legacy he was trying to make by making this piramid his find

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

They most likely produse the androids eventualy in his honor to resemble the founder of there company Charles Weyland , now i was just thinking about the Yutani part, now we all noe Ash from Alien was mmade by this company.But I was thinking that mabey Ash is a replica of the Yutani person since the Bishop androids look exactly like Weyland the why not make the Ash androids look like \'Ash\' Yutani?. Just an idea but may make sence if you think about it.

Predgirl aka Lavon

Predgirl aka Lavon

Well guys I can't stay now I have go down stairs and watch HBO .

HellAlien

HellAlien

I lost my f*ckin satellite signal before it began !!!!! Im so pissed right now f*ck !!!!!! I cant believe this !! " The signal will be back in a moment , please stand by " That is what i have in my tv right now. Damn it. F*ckin satellite.  Anyway i hope ya guys that saw it enjoyed it.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Okay, it's over.  It really showed a lot.  Some of it wasn't too hot, but most of what I did see was really pretty good.  Facehugger nastiness was just upped a buttload with one scene in particular though...eeeeech.  The special went over most of the things that the existing featurettes already have, only much more expanded and with finished footage to accompany it all.  There were also added "featurettes" including things like CGI.  One thing  didn't like too much was the scene of a pred throwing the star and cutting a jumping facehugger in half, only it just falls into two halves and plops to the ground, not a drop of blood to be seen.  I'm guessing they haven't put the blood in yet, though.  A lot of time was spent on the set design, which was really quite spectacular.  And the acting all seemed really notable, so no worries there.  Some of the alien CGI was iffy, but for the most part, they all looked great.  There's a creepy shot just before that classic trailer end-shot of the alien leaping at the camera.  It shows the alien hidden in shadows crawling along the wall slowly, and you can barely see it until it leaps out of the darkness right at the camera.  Pretty nice.     :)    Overally, it made a very good impression.  And it looks like the other Preds are much less bulky than Celtic, so fear not, it really does seem to be a matter of him just being the giant brute of the pack.

Melmac

Melmac

Seven minute fights?  And that's the average fight scene in the movie?  Wow!!   8)  

Melmac

Melmac

Dont; worry HellAlien.  You can watch it again on HBOw a few hours from now.   :)  

Predgirl aka Lavon

Predgirl aka Lavon

Well I just watch the special and it was dawm cool.  I was like a kid sitting infront of the tv watching it.  Some of stuff we already seen and showed some extra new footage OH YEAH!!! So I hope who ever saw it doesn't complain much because it looks awesome people. Also if you look very closely there was a shot of the Queen running it looked sweet.  Some of the stuff was pretty interesting to see and wish for those who don't have HBO could of saw it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed