Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Author
Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed (Read 47,128 times)

Xenomorphine

Some interesting new stuff revealed by Hicks' actor:

http://iconsoffright.com/2015/11/18/interview-michael-biehn-talks-comedy-series-24-hour-rental-alien-5/

Curious that he mentions "thousands" of years, but that could possibly be hazy recollection of what he had been told.

Regardless, the most interesting part is that he confirms the story is meant to feature Rebecca Jordan ('Newt') and that she's meant to be around 27 at that time. To me, this means that Ripley/Hicks/Newt must have been out of cryo for all this time, to account for Rebecca having aged. Also confirms the speculation about it being a vehicle for Ellen Ripley to pass the proverbial torch of heroine down to the survivor of Hadley's Hope.

Along with the concept art of Hicks' scarred face, the baton-passing aspect is another element some of us will remember from the original comic trilogy which featured the threesome (before Hicks/Newt famously underwent name-changes in the later editions). Considering he's such a big fan of the films and has plenty of merchandise, it seems likely that Blomkamp is aware of those. It now feels like his own story has at least been heavily influenced by them.

Which, with the exception of 'Earth War', I wouldn't mind.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM
Curious that he mentions "thousands" of years, but that could possibly be hazy recollection of what he had been told.

Unless there's some time travel shenanigans involved which truth be told I'm starting to suspect for the Prometheus sequel.

QuoteRegardless, the most interesting part is that he confirms the story is meant to feature Rebecca Jordan ('Newt') and that she's meant to be around 27 at that time. To me, this means that Ripley/Hicks/Newt must have been out of cryo for all this time, to account for Rebecca having aged. Also confirms the speculation about it being a vehicle for Ellen Ripley to pass the proverbial torch of heroine down to the survivor of Hadley's Hope.

It always made sense for this to be the direction to take Alien 5/3.2. Sigourney can't be the face of the series forever and it makes perfect sense to utilize Newt's character to replace her. I wonder if they ever talked about possibilities for who to recast as Newt.

Thanks for the link btw. I've frontpaged this.

whiterabbit

Ah so that is the plan. Neat. Hopefully the story is not like the books. I've read a few and honestly didn't care for the ideas.

I sure as hell hope there is no time travel in Covenant... I supposed I could tolerate some black hole once all but nothing more than that. :P

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure the thousands of years comment is just a slip of the tongue but that was just my own thoughts about the Prometheus sequels. Just a random though.

Xenorgue

HOW AWFUL !!!!

I feel betrayed. So Alien 3 and 4 are finally dismissed  :'( .

The Alien franchise destroyed from within by the fans.
Nevertheless I still hope that this film will not erase Alien 3.

Alien 5 had so much potential to expand the universe. What a waste...

Alien³

Here you go Newt, heres the torch.

Newt.

Newt take the torch.

NEWT!

Newt?

She must be pretending guys.

Corporal Hicks

"I don't think she was conscious when it happened..."

Nazrelmobile.

Nazrelmobile.

The only way i want to see them brought back is if its based off the comic series.  Id love to see earth hive -female war on the big screen. Or better yet video game format

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 20, 2015, 10:42:03 AM

Here you go Newt, heres the torch.

Newt.

Newt take the torch.

NEWT!

Newt?

She must be pretending guys.
Honestly you'd be better off talking to a DVD of Alien³. It's way more dead. :P

Not to sound greedy but why can't we get two movies here? NB's A3.2 and a true A5 after A:R? I mean why the hell not? Release them both on the same day and let the public decide.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nazrelmobile. on Nov 20, 2015, 11:04:25 AM
Thank you guys for sharing this. As a huge fan of the series, it was a lot of fun to chat with Biehn about the film. He was very excited about it and sounded like it was headed in the right direction.

You work for Icons of Fright, Nazrel?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 20, 2015, 12:10:20 PM
Not to sound greedy but why can't we get two movies here? NB's A3.2 and a true A5 after A:R? I mean why the hell not? Release them both on the same day and let the public decide.

I would assume they think it'd be confusing.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Thank you guys for sharing this. As a huge fan of the series, it was a lot of fun to chat with Biehn about the film. He was very excited about it and sounded like it was headed in the right direction.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: bworko on Nov 20, 2015, 10:27:35 AM
The Alien franchise destroyed from within by the fans.
Nevertheless I still hope that this film will not erase Alien 3.

I just hope that they aren't rendered as dreams. Lamest route to take..

Looks like we might be looking at what The Return of Godzilla did to the Showa era films, or better case, what Halloween H20 did with Halloween IV - VI.

THE CITY HUNTER

Alien 3 fans,its over,we lost and Alien 3 is being retconned.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM
Regardless, the most interesting part is that he confirms the story is meant to feature Rebecca Jordan ('Newt') and that she's meant to be around 27 at that time. To me, this means that Ripley/Hicks/Newt must have been out of cryo for all this time, to account for Rebecca having aged. Also confirms the speculation about it being a vehicle for Ellen Ripley to pass the proverbial torch of heroine down to the survivor of Hadley's Hope.

Numbers don't add up. Newt would be around 40 years old if Beihn and Weaver are going to be playing their characters at their current age. Unless Newt has been in cryo for a very long time.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Nov 20, 2015, 02:48:15 PM
Alien 3 fans,its over,we lost and Alien 3 is being retconned.

Depending on how the retcon is handled.. we'll see.. If they use memory implants or dreams, then we've truly lost.

If they don't acknowledge Alien 3 in anyway, ignoring it like many films have done with less than popular sequels... we maybe okay. Cause then Alien 3 will be OURS. Forever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed