New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 44,275 times)

newbeing

Quote from: PFC Hudson on Apr 21, 2012, 09:35:54 PM
The WY soldier reminds me of the Alien Trilogy game. You fought WY goons with smart guns in that game too. So this angle of fighting both them and the aliens is nothing new, but I have nothing against it.

Well I certainly hope this time the Aliens attack the WY guys instead of ignoring them and both going after me.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 21, 2012, 10:24:33 PM
While the WY mercenaries did look menacing in Alien3, the full extent of their abilities is never really seen since they are only ever shown shooting at unarmed convicts.  I'd love it if there was a standoff between the WY mercenaries and colonial marines in A:CM at one point. 

It would also be cool if you could play as a WY mercenary in multiplayer.
I actually wanted a game mode like that, marines one team, mercs the other, and AI aliens in between.

Rick Grimes

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 21, 2012, 07:39:20 PM
it looks like a normal alien with a flat semi-crown and two apendixes to it's sides. you can see it's a mutation from the regular alien, the lines from the cowl are still present. could be a developing queen, a praetorian, or both.

I see the resemblance:

Headbite

The new alien kinda reminds me of the Carrier from AVP Extinction

shadowedge

I hope it is not a Praetorian, but something new.

Most Alien games have the exact same 8 enemies, but usually less:

facehugger - chestburster - warrior - runner (sometimes) drone (sometimes)- praetorian - predalien (sometimes) - queen.

Time for some new enemies, besides the crusher.

The Capcom AVP Arcade game and AVP Extinction added a LOT of new aliens, and that made it fun.

Aliens take traits from the host species, so the variety should be much more that human and dog born xenomorphs.

evolution_rex

Anyone else notice the vampire teeth on the new alien?

WinterActual

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 22, 2012, 03:28:23 AM

facehugger - chestburster - warrior - runner (sometimes) drone (sometimes)- praetorian - predalien (sometimes) - queen.

The Capcom AVP Arcade game and AVP Extinction added a LOT of new aliens, and that made it fun.

Aliens take traits from the host species, so the variety should be much more that human and dog born xenomorphs.
If they make so much new aliens they will break the canon and people will laugh at GBX because they already said that they will stay in the canon.

9th_Stew

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 22, 2012, 01:51:28 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 21, 2012, 07:39:20 PM
it looks like a normal alien with a flat semi-crown and two apendixes to it's sides. you can see it's a mutation from the regular alien, the lines from the cowl are still present. could be a developing queen, a praetorian, or both.

I see the resemblance:

thats 1 awesome picture!

Vepariga

That WY Merc looks sick, I wonder if they will have the WY Commandos from Alien 3 in it aswell.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 22, 2012, 08:09:27 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 22, 2012, 03:28:23 AM

If they make so much new aliens they will break the canon and people will laugh at GBX because they already said that they will stay in the canon.

So by that logic every movie after Alien wouldn't be considered canon?

Think of it this way, each of the Alien movies was around 2 hours long and introduced at least 1 new alien type. So it doesn't seem unreasonable that a game, which could run 8 hours would introduce 4 or more new Alien types. If there are really only 3 acts in the game I wouldn't be surprised if we're introduced to 1 or more new aliens per act.

IMO what we've seen really isn't stretching the canon all that far. Then again, the newborn kind of broke my grading curve. What a piece of shit that thing was.

escroto

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 22, 2012, 01:23:06 PM
IMO what we've seen really isn't stretching the canon all that far.
nah HH survival isn't streching, not only canon, but also common sense all that far right

szkoki

szkoki

who cares about this, still 1 year to go -.- (i address this sega not to ikarop)

WinterActual

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 22, 2012, 02:59:02 PM
who cares about this, still 1 year to go -.- (i address this sega not to ikarop)
Don't say that.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 22, 2012, 02:59:02 PM

better yet. i'm gonna say this again, if there's a moment to dump all your complains and thoughts and ideas, it is now.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 22, 2012, 01:23:06 PM
So by that logic every movie after Alien wouldn't be considered canon?

Think of it this way, each of the Alien movies was around 2 hours long and introduced at least 1 new alien type. So it doesn't seem unreasonable that a game, which could run 8 hours would introduce 4 or more new Alien types. If there are really only 3 acts in the game I wouldn't be surprised if we're introduced to 1 or more new aliens per act.

IMO what we've seen really isn't stretching the canon all that far. Then again, the newborn kind of broke my grading curve. What a piece of shit that thing was.

I agree. I am fine with new enemy types, as long as they aren't stretching it. I am hoping that Xeno in the pic is NOT a spider Xeno, but everytime I see it, thats what pops into my head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed