New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 44,278 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

they mentioned the vietnam allegory. i'm impressed.

Ash 937

The fifth picture has a drawing of what appears to be something very similar to the WY soldiers that made an appearance at the end of Alien3.

Nightlord

That new alien does look like a praetorian but still I'm hoping it's not, reskining the same old aliens over and over again does not make them new.

Also that WY merc looks far better equipped to deal with aliens than the alien 3 mercs, strange, I wonder if they'll still spawn runners like in avp2 because given the lack of wildlife on LV-426 there won't be any runners otherwise.

The Runner

The new Alien looks quite cool!!

I wonder what unique abilities it has?

I wish the article was in English.

King Rathalos

f**king awesome, my cold and icy heart is filled with sunshine and rainbows. :laugh:

9th_Stew

i love the idea of the film grain look

escroto

Doesn't look like a praetorian to me. Must be the new GB alien "drone", or" egg carrier" they had talked about long long time ago.

chupacabras acheronsis

it looks like a normal alien with a flat semi-crown and two apendixes to it's sides. you can see it's a mutation from the regular alien, the lines from the cowl are still present. could be a developing queen, a praetorian, or both.

Predaker

Yea its clearly not a drone. The new alien has a crest on its head like a praetorian or young queen.

Bien y bueno  ;)

Chris!(($$))!

You all think its a Praetorian? The minute I saw it, I thought "Oh no...."
It looks like a spider Xeno..... This isn't good. If its a Praetorian then good but if its what I think it is let's hope that is some EARLY concept shit and that its not in the game because... well I don't need to explain.

Predaker

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 21, 2012, 07:53:56 PM
You all think its a Praetorian? The minute I saw it, I thought "Oh no...."
It looks like a spider Xeno..... This isn't good. If its a Praetorian then good but if its what I think it is let's hope that is some EARLY concept shit and that its not in the game because... well I don't need to explain.
Hard to tell without seeing the whole body. I am ready to see some alien multiplayer gameplay! ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting...very interesting. This game may just warrant a purchase...

acrediblesource

I'm not sure how particular people are with their film grains, I'm not sure if anyone would be particular if they used a different type of film grain than the one they got Kodak to look into(i hope they didn't spend time and money on this- its grain for dog sakes!), but all in all, film great made for an interesting feel with Mass Effect. I like it because it just as a layered visual appeal to it, without it it looks too digital (where you'd pay more attention to bad AntiAliasing).
So Film Grain = Thumbs up!

PFC Hudson

The WY soldier reminds me of the Alien Trilogy game. You fought WY goons with smart guns in that game too. So this angle of fighting both them and the aliens is nothing new, but I have nothing against it.

Ash 937

While the WY mercenaries did look menacing in Alien3, the full extent of their abilities is never really seen since they are only ever shown shooting at unarmed convicts.  I'd love it if there was a standoff between the WY mercenaries and colonial marines in A:CM at one point. 

It would also be cool if you could play as a WY mercenary in multiplayer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed