New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 43,787 times)

ikarop

ikarop

New artwork from the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines videogame by Sega and Gearbox has surfaced today in a Spanish magazine called Hobby Consolas. The images show a never seen before Xenomorph design as well as some character concept art. Unfortunately, the 8-page feature doesn’t include much new information. You can check out highlights from the article as well as the scans by clicking the image below.

ikarop

ikarop

• Kodak sent the film's specifications to Gearbox so they could accurately emulate the film's grain and lighting/colouring. The film's grain option can be turned off by the player.

• The Alien controls have been "vastly improved" from previous games. The marines won't be as powerful as in AvP.

• Gearbox hinted at the presence of the Queen and facehuggers in exclusive MP modes.

• According to Mikey Neumann, the game's story will be narrated from 3 points of view: Marines, Aliens and Weyland-Yutani.

• Weyland-Yutani's presence in the game compares to Black Water. Their presence will be subtle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academi

Scans:

MR EL1M1NATOR

I don't see a new alien type.

Kol

Kol

everybody else see this new type of xenomorph on the fifth picture?  :o

ikarop

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Apr 21, 2012, 02:39:53 PM

It's in the 5th scan.

Predaker

Thanks ikarop!!!

Praetorian, perhaps?  ;D

Eliminator-one

Quote from: Kol on Apr 21, 2012, 02:40:43 PM
everybody else see this new type of xenomorph on the fifth picture?  :o
Yes, I think it's praetorian.  ;)

Kol

Kol

the new one has also "eyes" in it's dome & it looks like a spider(?) to me. the dome seems altered; yes.

it reminds me of this:

@ ikarop: how do you mean that with that option, that players can turn on/off? what would the differences look like?

newbeing

QuoteGearbox hinted at the presence of the Queen and facehuggers in exclusive MP modes.
According to Mikey Neumann, the game's story will be narrated from 3 points of view: Marines, Aliens and Weyland-Yutani.

These two tidbits are very interesting, especially the narration bit.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Kol on Apr 21, 2012, 03:07:39 PM
@ ikarop: how do you mean that with that option, that players can turn on/off? what would the differences look like?

Similar to the option in Mass Effect. You can leave it on or off. And guess we'll have to wait to see the differences.

alanwu1233

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 21, 2012, 02:47:35 PM
Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Apr 21, 2012, 02:39:53 PM

It's in the 5th scan.

Is there also a synthetic?

WinterActual

The WY merc is BADASS! But I don't like the whole idea of soldiers fighting mercs. I mean come one man! This game/movie is about soldiers fighting monsters, not another human beings. I like the WY armor preventing the facehugger attack tho.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 21, 2012, 02:33:23 PM

• Kodak sent the film's specifications to Gearbox so they could accurately emulate the film's grain and lighting/colouring. The film's grain option can be turned off by the player.

• Gearbox hinted at the presence of the Queen and facehuggers in exclusive MP modes.

• According to Mikey Neumann, the game's story will be narrated from 3 points of view: Marines, Aliens and Weyland-Yutani.

Those three are very interesting to me. A game mode with facehuggers and a game mode with the queen sounds amazing! I also like the idea that you can turn grain on and off. And narration from aliens point of view? Does that mean that you will see whats happening from their POV in some cut scenes? I want to get a better look at that new alien type, looks very creepy and also that man in the white amour, who could he be? I'm thinking a Weyland-Yutani but there is no indication of it.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 21, 2012, 03:18:26 PM

Pretty much like in Mass Effect. You can leave it on or off.

had never the privilege to play mass effect.

you said something about th film's lightning/colouring and i assumed they've enhanced an "A L I E N S"-kinda mode, to emulate the feeling of the movie. but i guess you were talking about the cutscenes?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Kol on Apr 21, 2012, 03:25:09 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Apr 21, 2012, 03:18:26 PM

Pretty much like in Mass Effect. You can leave it on or off.

had never the privilege to play mass effect.

you said something about th film's lightning/colouring and i assumed they've enhanced an "A L I E N S"-kinda mode, to emulate the feeling of the movie. but i guess you were talking about the cutscenes?

Never said that. They are simply referring to the overall look in the interview. They used Kodak's help to emulate the feeling of the movie.

As for the film grain, the interviewer asks if there will be an option to turn the filter off (grain, colouring, etc...). Brian Cozzens answers that the old-film texture/grain can be turned off if it's considered a distraction by players but the colouring and lighting stays the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed