Author
Gladiator 2 (Read 38,309 times)

Russ

Russ

This thread is so full of win.  ;D

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2018, 12:42:17 AM
But there is no franchise, just a single film  ???

Really? Thanks for telling me that. You completely didn't understand what I said. Gladiator is a standalone movie and why just leave it as it is. It's not a material for a sequel. Maximus journey is over. Why making movie about bloody Lucius? It's tasteless. Hollywood lack of ideas so they are obsessed with making sequels/prequels like there's not enough original stories based upon books or real events. I really hope this is only some kind of cheap jest and they not gonna make it but you never know.

AvP movies didn't make me hate Alien but they contaminated the environment. So does The Predator and crap Terminator movies. That reek lingers.

SM

SM

It's make believe.

Kimo

Kimo

If this does get made? I hope to god they don't actually name it "Gladiator 2" and try to ride the coat tails of Maximus as a cash grab by having more Gladiator fighting in the Colosseum. However if they do something linked in that timeline, and Lucius story is something different thats based around the Roman Empire, then maybe, just maybe it can work. I mean Maximus was also a great military leader on the battlefield. So maybe an adult Lucius who is now a General himself or even Emperor has inspiration to be like Maximus.. I don't have a problem as long as they don't have Lucius going in to the Colosseum Arena to fight because Maximus was an idol of his. Only links should be a big statue of Maximus, and a few campfire storys of Lucius telling his kids and soldiers about a General who became a Slave, a slave who became a Gladiator... The rest of the film should be about War. Julius Caesar has a great real story they could steal some of his ideas and put them in Lucius adventures. Like the first Gladiator steals loads of ideas from real History and fictionalised them and it works pretty well for a film unless if you are a hardcore history buff who nitpicks everything.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The studio polled audiences and learned no one wants to see a Gladiator film without Maximus, soooo....

Coming to a theater near you: Gladiator Resurrection!

Set three thousand years after the events of Gladiator, humans on the brink of extinction on the space station Scottica create a clone of General Maximus Decimus Meridius, designated as Maximus-2, using DNA from bone samples taken from his ancient corpse.  While Maximus is informed that the Earth has been recently overrun with otherworldly beings and begins to teach combat skills to a now docile humanity, the warrior soon discovers he will face his biggest challenger yet!  To prove their superiority, the hostile alien leader Tachoo orders the humans to offer up their greatest warrior, in a winner-take-all combat.  Faced with no other choice, to save humanity and the Earth from almost certain destruction, Maximus-2, the greatest warrior ever known, must defend his life and the lives of many by entering the gladiator arena once more.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 02, 2018, 10:28:55 AM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2018, 12:42:17 AM
But there is no franchise, just a single film  ???

Really? Thanks for telling me that. You completely didn't understand what I said.
Nah, your argument is pretty simple: "BUT I DON'T WANT IIIIIT"

I mean...  Stiff shit? What else is there to say, really?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Of course I don't want it :) Do you want it?

Huggs

Huggs

...oh dear.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I guess it's one of those "the sequel that no one asked for" type of films, which will likely be the first words heard in an 'Honest Trailer' for Gladiator 2 (if the movie ever gets made of course.)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 02, 2018, 01:54:54 AM
I may have a lot of bones to pick with the prequels, but a Ridley Scott film is still a film worth seeing at least once. In general, he doesn't make cheap sh*t.

He sometimes makes expensive shit :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 02, 2018, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Nov 02, 2018, 01:54:54 AM
I may have a lot of bones to pick with the prequels, but a Ridley Scott film is still a film worth seeing at least once. In general, he doesn't make cheap sh*t.

He sometimes makes expensive shit :)

Indeed, like Colonvent. I mean Covenant.  ;D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I just realized something. The last time I watched Gladiator more than half of you probably weren't even born yet.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 02, 2018, 08:57:29 PM
I just realized something. The last time I watched Gladiator more than half of you probably weren't even born yet.

Stahp! You're making some of us feel old. :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 02, 2018, 03:58:03 PM
Of course I don't want it :) Do you want it?
I don't care. I'll check it out if it looks good.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 02, 2018, 08:57:29 PM

But but, you're a four years lifespan individual with fake memories.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed