Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 831,091 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

To Live and Die in L.A.

I love how the first two thirds of this are a fairly standard (if very stylish) crime thriller but then in the last act it just keeps hitting you with a succession of plot twists and it just spirals out of control. Great movie. Also William Petersen's amazing in it. Between this and Manhunter I'll never understand why he wasn't a bigger star in the 80s.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Renfield

I had a lot of fun with this, even if the cop movie bits were generic in the extreme.

kwisatz

kwisatz

2001: A Space Odyssey

Dying HAL, 10 minutes LSD trip then Space Child - film as a medium probably already peaked 

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 14, 2023, 12:19:34 PMTo Live and Die in L.A.

I love how the first two thirds of this are a fairly standard (if very stylish) crime thriller but then in the last act it just keeps hitting you with a succession of plot twists and it just spirals out of control. Great movie. Also William Petersen's amazing in it. Between this and Manhunter I'll never understand why he wasn't a bigger star in the 80s.
Honestly by the sounds of it he didn't want to be. Especially after Manhunter and the headspace he went into for the film.

Stitch

Stitch

The Warriors

Absolute classic. Girlfriend had never seen it. I'd say it still holds up as a film, though it feels a little goofy in a modern day context.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Galaxy Quest

"What's my last name?"  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Galaxy Quest

Die Hard 2

Silent Rage

And Then There Were None (1970's)

Dracula (1974)

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Jumanji

The Golden Child

The Rundown aka Welcome to the Jungle

Kill Bill Vol1&2

Death Proof

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Manhunter

My mentioning this the other day put me in the mood to watch it.

I've seen it multiple times, but the moment Graham realises the Toothfairy's been watching the families' home videos still manages to send a genuine shiver down my spine. I can't think of many other movies that do that.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 19, 2023, 03:59:16 PMManhunter

My mentioning this the other day put me in the mood to watch it.

I've seen it multiple times, but the moment Graham realises the Toothfairy's been watching the families' home videos still manages to send a genuine shiver down my spine. I can't think of many other movies that do that.
I was thinking about rewatching this the other day. Might have to pick it up on Blu-ray or 4K.

Prez

Prez

Need to rewatch that film.

Prez

Prez

65 - I thought this was a family movie. My 8 year old had to abort as it was a bit too scary at times. Fun enough film but instead of being more B Movie/Campy it tried to get a bit too serious at times and fell flat.

Adam Driver should do more action films though. He's got great onscreen presence and not in the usual action hero style.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Ready Player One

After finishing the book I decided to watch the film and compare.  The film is good but I enjoyed the book a lot more.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think both are awful capitalist wankfests.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Evil Dead Rise

So f**king good.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Glad to hear it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed