Gamera

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 21, 2009, 11:26:07 AM

Author
Gamera (Read 24,809 times)

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

So yeah, I just watched Gamera: Super Monster, very cheesy and filled with stock footage, plus it was a lame way for Gamera to bit the dust. Oh well, here is how I rank the Daiei kaiju movies (putting the Daimajon trilogy in here too 'cause it is just that small):

Wrath of Daimajin > Advent Legion > Guardian of The Universe > Daimajin > The Brave > Vs. Barugon > Return of Daimajin > Vs. Gyaos > Super Monster > Vs. Guiron > The Invincible > Revenge of Iris > Vs. Zigra > Vs. Jiger > Vs. Viras

orchidal

orchidal

I recently DL'd Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (1999). I liked how dark it looked from the trailer compared to other Kaiju films. Do I need to watch the entire trilogy to enjoy the film or is this a stand alone story?

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: orchidal on Jul 14, 2013, 12:55:47 AM
I recently DL'd Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris (1999). I liked how dark it looked from the trailer compared to other Kaiju films. Do I need to watch the entire trilogy to enjoy the film or is this a stand alone story?

I'd recommend at least seeing Gamera: Guardian of The Universe, as there is a decent enough amount of plot connected between the two.

Though all three of the Gamera movies are EASILY worth the watch.

orchidal

orchidal

Will do; thanks, Knight. I might skip out on the second one though. I usually dislike giant monsters who are benevolent or heroic.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The Gamera trilogy is a set of great movies- among the best giant monster movies out there. They don't flinch away from the toll the monsters take on the humans, especially in Gamera 3.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Gonna have to watch 3 very soon, seeing as I'm on a bit of a giant monster film high after viewing Pacific Rim. I enjoyed the first two when I watched them a month or so ago, and from what I head the third is the best one.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: orchidal on Jul 14, 2013, 01:05:17 AMWill do; thanks, Knight. I might skip out on the second one though. I usually dislike giant monsters who are benevolent or heroic.

Watch all three. It's worth it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 14, 2013, 04:16:23 AM
Gonna have to watch 3 very soon, seeing as I'm on a bit of a giant monster film high after viewing Pacific Rim. I enjoyed the first two when I watched them a month or so ago, and from what I head the third is the best one.
Speaking of, because of PacRim, I'm also in need of a giant monster fix. What should I check out? I've been going through the Godzilla movies again. Most recently, I rewatched Tokyo SOS.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

For some non-Godzilla movies, I'd definitely recommend Frank Darabont's The Mist (it deals with a few of the same ideas as Pacific Rim). And The Host is an amazing movie.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Damn, I've seen both of those multiple times already... But boy, are they fricking awesome. Especially The Host.

Gilfryd

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Hell yeah. Thanks!

Greedo

Greedo

Just watched Gamera 3 awesome film tbh.

Greedo

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The Heisei Gamera series had a fricking awesome theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IslYwQ0xi8M

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed