All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,790,912 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Writer of Serenity? I thought Joss Whedon for a second, not sure that is better though :D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: T Dog on Mar 23, 2023, 07:55:43 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2023, 03:00:33 AMThe writer of Serenity (2019)... this could be hilarious.  :laugh:
Was that the movie where it
Spoiler
turned out they were in a videogame or something like that?
[close]

Yep, that one.  :laugh:  :laugh:

ralfy

ralfy

The recent episode of Mandalorian reminds me of the first Battlestar Galactica TV series. It was meant for kids, which means the presence of the kid actor and robot dog, but the writers couldn't resolve that with the adult premise of genocide.

Similarly, the Star Wars franchise is meant for kids, and the recent episode as well as the earlier films show that; I can imagine a nine-year-old enjoying it just as kids from the past would have enjoyed watching Flash Gordon serials, which are part of the influences of the franchise. But because of high production costs, they have to target to sweet PG spot, which explains the weird contrast between the goofiness of the recent episode and the political banality of the one before that.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ralfy on Mar 24, 2023, 03:37:24 AMThe recent episode of Mandalorian reminds me of the first Battlestar Galactica TV series. It was meant for kids, which means the presence of the kid actor and robot dog, but the writers couldn't resolve that with the adult premise of genocide.

Similarly, the Star Wars franchise is meant for kids, and the recent episode as well as the earlier films show that; I can imagine a nine-year-old enjoying it just as kids from the past would have enjoyed watching Flash Gordon serials, which are part of the influences of the franchise. But because of high production costs, they have to target to sweet PG spot, which explains the weird contrast between the goofiness of the recent episode and the political banality of the one before that.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's completely my 80/90s childhood, but I'm 42 and it's also 2023  :laugh:

The reason I wasn't a huge fan of Season 1 was exactly this reason, felt a bit too one shot for my liking, but really generic one shot ( like the last episode).

Excellent point about the contrast, it's very jarring. I swear to god I had to alt tab to make sure I'd clicked on the Mando half way through Episode 3. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Apologies if this was already posted

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh my gosh! ...that hurts!!

😲
👉👈

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 29, 2023, 02:20:59 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-LIViePlGY
I find this super disrespectful to the original creators  but it is cool

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But but this brings justice! I mean Obi should have been a movie yes or yes 😅

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Normally I don't evangelize for Legends, but I would totally watch a Windu movie based on Shatterpoint.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed