Author
John Wick (Read 39,146 times)

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 16, 2023, 05:16:20 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjRHZEUamCc

Yeah, I'm really ready for this. I love the style of these films so much.

Master Chief

Master Chief

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Master Chief

Master Chief

I want to see the "impossible mission" that Viggo sent John on before he could finally retire.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Just came back from an early screening for John Wick Chapter 4. Here is my non-spoiler review. In a word, if you enjoyed the previous John Wick movies, you will like this very much. I don't know how director Chad Stahelski did it, but somehow he managed to top his previous entries in the series to create even more inventive, violent, over-the-top yet throughly enjoyable action scenes. There is just this energy to the fight scenes that makes you glue to the screen.

The movie is almost a non-stop reel of Keanu Reeves shooting, punching, kicking and stabbing his way through countless disposable baddies. In a way, that structure resembles a video game in how the player has to fight through a series of villains and heavies to get to the ultimate boss. Normally comparing a movie to a video game isn't a good sign, but in this case, I am saying it as a praise.

I also like the new characters like "Caine" played by Donnie Yen. His fans may know him from his Ip Man role and his Hong Kong action films, but he hasn't really had a lot of decent Hollywood roles to allow his martial arts talent to display on screen to international audiences. Here in John Wick 4 though, Yen really delivers his powerful fighting skills we only saw a glimpse of in Rogue One. Another character is "Tracker/Mr. Nobody", played by Shamier Anderson, I like how his character developed in the movie, but I won't go into detail so as not to spoil it for you.

As for Keanu Reeves, well, he delivers his trademark Keanu style acting, saying "Yeah" a lot. His critics tend to dismiss his acting ability and I suppose this film won't win any of his critics over. But there is no question even when he is approaching 60, he is still a top action star that can do his own stunts and do it convincingly. The way he rampages on screen as Wick in this latest movie is very impressive.

So all-in-all, if you like action and martial arts movies, go see John Wick 4.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

John Wick Chapter 4 has set a new franchise record with US $73.5 million in the US opening weekend and 64 million internationally, combining for a total of US $137.5 million opening weekend. Not bad at all. And remember, the first John Wick opened to "only" 14 million back in 2014:

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/john-wick-4-box-office-sets-franchise-record-opening-weekend-1235564839/

I am just glad a well made movie that has enjoyed great critical and fan reviews has done fantastically at the box office. That's not always the case with Hollywood...cough...Transformers sequels...cough.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Just came back from this, felt a bit overlong in a few places (some Paris scenes) but was very enjoyable.
Was hoping for a bit more Lance Reddick as well.

nanison

nanison

Crossing fingers for a John Wick vs predator film  ;D

Wweyland

Wweyland

I would love to see a clash of the bureaucracies of the Table vs Predator Honor System.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Predators have an honor system?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So I guess they just gave up on

Spoiler
Chapter 5. There's maybe the barest hint that John isn't actually dead, when the dog turns and looks at something at the grave. But I know from owning dogs that they're easily distracted and that doesn't really mean anything. :laugh:
[close]

If I have one problem with the series overall, it's that they keep introducing cool supporting characters who survive the movie, and then drop them completely in the next one with no hints or explanation. Like, Common and Ruby Rose at the very least probably should have turned up again.

Kradan

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed